Injury Report: Crawford to IR

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Honestly though as long as it's not long term, I'm kinda curious to see what we have in Forsberg.
Forsberg can be really good. It's really a matter of consistency for him. He let's in some soft goals after standing on his head.

We know what will happen. Forsberg will get on a hot streak and Crow's critics will demand that the Hawks trade him ... until Courtney decides to fight them all.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Well, on the plus side, it's only IR.

On the negative side, we've one games purely because of him more than a few times this season, and stayed in games we had no business staying in as well. Losing your MVP sucks.

I guess we're really gonna see what we have in Forsberg, huh?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Honestly though as long as it's not long term, I'm kinda curious to see what we have in Forsberg.

As am I. I mean, IR only means he has to miss 7 days. Could be something minor, but the Hawks have a lot of games right now, so IR makes sense. It's like 4 in the next 7 days, and 7 in the next 13 days or something like that.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
dang, i wish this wasn't the case. well the goalie from rfd comes up, but i wouldn't be surprise to see if some of the other teams who is eating a contract and playing in the minors.

it just stand for reason. the hawks will think that they will need another experience goalie.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It's possible. He did seem a little foggy last night. :dunno:

The good thing is it seems relatively minor. He finished the game last night, and he is only on standard IR.

Puck tracking is what I am keying on and when goalie struggle reacting/tracking they get deeper and go down sooner. Just my personal opinion though as I am 1-2 credits shy of being a doctor.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Puck tracking is what I am keying on and when goalie struggle reacting/tracking they get deeper and go down sooner. Just my personal opinion though as I am 1-2 credits shy of being a doctor.
really well i really hope the best for you. way to go doc. :cool:

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
You could see early in the game he had a problem. Can’t remember who was involved but he slid post to post for a save and was very slow to get up.

It is what it is. Happened several times in December in the past and we have seen two backup goalies (Raanta and Darling) play very well in his absence. I thought Forsberg has played well most games and gotten little support, lets see what happens. The entire team needs to step up and start putting the puck in the back of the net. If it doesnt happen it could be the end of the Hawks this year if Crow is out a long stretch.

Reactions: BrianE

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Laz is reporting, via a source, that Crow's "week to week". That was likely given this is just IR, not LTIR, but it just reaffirms what we already believed to be the case.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
LDF..."a few credit's shy" is a way of saying I have no expertise on the subject. I am not a doctor.
i guess you are not in pre med school either..... oh well the slang and meaning has sure change....

well thanks for being classy and correcting me ...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Laz is reporting, via a source, that Crow's "week to week". That was likely given this is just IR, not LTIR, but it just reaffirms what we already believed to be the case.
yeah. i was just asking about that a few minutes before it was posted. dang. i just hope he comes back soon and ready to get in game shape.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I get questioning the goalie when the team is playing relatively well, especially in terms of D & Team D.

But, besides a few recent games, we've played like pure **** giving up crazy good opportunities shift after shift & Crow, through all that, put up smokin' numbers.

MVP no question, had he been injured for the start of the season up until now this team would have near no chance of making the playoffs minus a miracle back-up. At least now we're still "in the race" so to speak.

The team has been a bit better, so we'll see, interesting development no doubt.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
It was inevitable. Crawford gets hurt every year. Let's see what Forsberg can do. Hope he doesn't make us miss Darling too much.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Forsberg either sinks or swims

If he sinks the Hawks know that future in net is not him and can start planning to either entice Nalimov back over (I believe he has one more year on his KHL contract) or start looking for heir to Crawford this offseason

Terrible news for Hawks and could make or break season here

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I thought he just didn't look all their mentally last night. Has he recently taken any hits to the head that might have him concussed?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I thought he just didn't look all their mentally last night. Has he recently taken any hits to the head that might have him concussed?

Yeah. He took a shot to the head in the penguins game and had to be pulled for concussion protocol for 5 minutes or so. Might have taken a week for symptoms to materialize.

Reactions: RayP

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Okay...I'm perfectly confident El Gato, Ani, and Forsling can ante up.

The 4th line and Rutta probably as well.

I'm worried that Arkhipov, Quint, and Odelein will keep stealing Toews, Keith, and Seabrook's sweaters and still make it onto the ice instead of them. That's going to be a major issue when your best player of the year goes down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->