Injury Report: Crawford to IR

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Leg injury. Probably groin.... It was obvious he hurt it on the shorthanded opportunity where Franson got smoked and he had to go post to post...

The question is, why did he stay in the game?

It's inevitable he gets hurt every season, as Q only plays his backup on the second half of back-to-back games....

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Leg injury. Probably groin.... It was obvious he hurt it on the shorthanded opportunity where Franson got smoked and he had to go post to post...

The question is, why did he stay in the game?

It's inevitable he gets hurt every season, as Q only plays his backup on the second half of back-to-back games....
Like every coach in the league, they play their #1 workhorse as much as they can, especially when you need the points.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm thinking he pulled a groin at some point on a slide or push. We talked about how he was slow to get up after a play.

Not the end of the world. It isn't LTIR. IR only means he has to miss a week at minimum. Likely not that serious if it's only standard IR.

I expect the wolves to come out to play though. Here comes the "Hawks season is over now" over reactions to what could be a one week injury.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He's been doing this his entire time as a head coach. Even when the Hawks are safely in the #1 spot. It's been one his biggest flaws while here.

This team is not making the playoffs if Crawford is out for an extended period of time. Yeah, it's not LTIR, but if it's a groin....it's going to linger most of the season.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He's been doing this his entire time as a head coach. Even when the Hawks are safely in the #1 spot. It's been one his biggest flaws while here.

This team is not making the playoffs if Crawford is out for an extended period of time.
His biggest flaw...LOL. Hasn't hurt the Hawks much, has it?

I agree, they won't make it if he is out for an extended period of time, but this injury isn't Q's fault.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
No injury is the coach's fault. But Crawford gets hurt just about every season. At some point you have to reduce his workload and keep him healthy.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
No injury is the coach's fault. But Crawford gets hurt just about every season. At some point you have to reduce his workload and keep him healthy.
I mean, if we had a #1 to replace him, I would agree. But playing Forsberg more this year is not a recipe for success, or points.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
JGYSRXf.gif

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I mean, if we had a #1 to replace him, I would agree. But playing Forsberg more this year is not a recipe for success, or points.

How do you know how good a goalie is when he is playing once every two weeks? Well, we're going to find out now!

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Play Berube next. At least he can win more games,now isn't the time to argue who
supposedly is the better of the two,or has more potential.

Forsberg: 17 NHL career games,2 wins 10 losses (14 starts)
Berube: 21 NHL career games, 6 wins 4 losses (13 starts)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Thanks Franson! Had to be a f***ing nightmare on the PP. Force the one reliable goalie we have to defend multiple odd man breaks. Ridiculous bullshit.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Thanks Franson! Had to be a ****ing nightmare on the PP. Force the one reliable goalie we have to defend multiple odd man breaks. Ridiculous bull****.

Yep. For all the hype about "Franson getting pucks on net" he absolutely kills the Hawks by being a pilon. Most games, the Hawks give up as many chances as they get when on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad