4 LA - A. Cherepanov
5 Was - K. Alzner
6 Edm - P. Kane
7 Clb - J. Voracek
8 Bos - B. MacLean
9 StL - D. Perron
10 Flo - A. Esposito

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=300544

This is really strange, I don´t see Kane dropping to 6 and Voracek to 7 and Brett MacLean already at 8 :amazed:

Whoa... not to mention Ellerby at #3.... ?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
:huh:

I welcome different takes on the draft but some of his reasoning is a little spotty.

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
An interesting take, although I chuckle when he labels the "little known" Kyle Turris as a "proven goal scorer." Don't get me wrong, Turris is a fine prospect, but if there is a knock against him it's because of his current level of competition.

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Please no Alzner for the Capitals :(. I would hope they would go with Ellerby if they had to go D. And passing on Kane/Voracek in this mock is crazy.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
im not saying that this mock will be accurate in terms of players, but in terms of surprises i think this is pretty accurate. this is one draft where most hf'ers consensus on the top 10 will be really off. aside from two or three guys, i bet everyones top ten is drastically different. some teams will have espo at 3, some at 15. ditto alzner and ellerby. where does gagner fit? he is amazing but tiny - where does someone take that chance? i think aside from kane, turris, jvr - imo the top 3 everyone gets all mixed up. this will be like the 2004 draft - where after barker no one knows anything.

Knight444

Apr 17, 2007
I've watched Kane play every game this year. That ranking seems about right for him. He's not a top five pick if this draft year is similar to most others, in my opinion. I will guarantee there is more than one team out there which has him ranked outside of the Top 15.

I think he goes higher than 6th, because alot of people seem to be captivated by his natural scoring ability, but this kid is a far better Junior player than he'll ever be in the NHL. Write it down.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i dont see that happening. i believe we will be surprised a couple of times on draft day, but not this much :eek:

King RAZZ

Los Cucarachas
Apr 26, 2007
The Roach Motel
razzilla.multiply.com
Crashing The Net has made their own mock draft for this year :help: :

1 Chi - K. Turris
2 Phi - JVR
3 Pho - K. Ellerby
4 LA - A. Cherepanov
5 Was - K. Alzner
6 Edm - P. Kane
7 Clb - J. Voracek
8 Bos - B. MacLean
9 StL - D. Perron
10 Flo - A. Esposito

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=300544

This is really strange, I don´t see Kane dropping to 6 and Voracek to 7 and Brett MacLean already at 8 :amazed:

Those fools at nhl.com really drove the small bus through this one...didn't they??? Cherepanov at #4??? I don't think he's worth the pick... He can slide down to Columbus...and STILL I'd think he's overrated... Besides...Columbus has a better history with dealing with prima donnas on their roster...

SimonTemplar

Sep 13, 2006
London ON.
Those fools at nhl.com really drove the small bus through this one...didn't they??? Cherepanov at #4??? I don't think he's worth the pick... He can slide down to Columbus...and STILL I'd think he's overrated... Besides...Columbus has a better history with dealing with prima donnas on their roster...

Crashing The Net has made their own mock draft for this year :

1 Chi - K. Turris
2 Phi - JVR
3 Pho - K. Ellerby
4 LA - A. Cherepanov
5 Was - K. Alzner
6 Edm - P. Kane
7 Clb - J. Voracek
8 Bos - B. MacLean
9 StL - D. Perron
10 Flo - A. Esposito

And just how did CTN come up with this stuff.

Turris has played against nobody except lower tier hockey so move him down.

Knight44:

I've watched Kane play every game this year. That ranking seems about right for him. He's not a top five pick if this draft year is similar to most others, in my opinion. I will guarantee there is more than one team out there which has him ranked outside of the Top 15.

I think he goes higher than 6th, because alot of people seem to be captivated by his natural scoring ability, but this kid is a far better Junior player than he'll ever be in the NHL. Write it down.

Where did you watch Patrick play from the roof.

If he isn't a top five then someone is selling swampland in Gator land.

That kid will be dynamite in three years minimum.

Alzner has to go top 3 many of the lower teams are crying for young defence they can build around. Not second round picks like many have in their stables already.

Gagner too will go high he will be the full package in two years.

King RAZZ

Los Cucarachas
Apr 26, 2007
The Roach Motel
razzilla.multiply.com
Crashing The Net has made their own mock draft for this year :

1 Chi - K. Turris
2 Phi - JVR
3 Pho - K. Ellerby
4 LA - A. Cherepanov
5 Was - K. Alzner
6 Edm - P. Kane
7 Clb - J. Voracek
8 Bos - B. MacLean
9 StL - D. Perron
10 Flo - A. Esposito

And just how did CTN come up with this stuff.

Turris has played against nobody except lower tier hockey so move him down.

Knight44:

Where did you watch Patrick play from the roof.

If he isn't a top five then someone is selling swampland in Gator land.

That kid will be dynamite in three years minimum.

Alzner has to go top 3 many of the lower teams are crying for young defence they can build around. Not second round picks like many have in their stables already.

Gagner too will go high he will be the full package in two years.

I'm in the ABC crowd...ANYONE But Cherepanov... Only 10% has to deal with the transfer deal...the rest is reports that I keep hearing about his attitude and that he can't even pass the salt if he's sitting next to you...

rick1042

Jul 3, 2006
Verdun
No way Montreal picks Veuilleux for their first round pick. Maybe later on, but no need to get him that early as he is not a top prospect for this draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad