TSN: Craig Button says the Leafs should rather want to play Tampa and not Boston in the playoffs

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
this topic is exactly why message forums can not and never could become a relevant source of sports information.

No where in this video did Craig Button say "
the Leafs have no chance against the Bruins in the playoffs"

He did, however, elude towards and Tampa vs. Boston series.

Reactions: iSophagus and BTP

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
this topic is exactly why message forums can not and never could become a relevant source of sports information.

No where in this video did Craig Button say "
the Leafs have no chance against the Bruins in the playoffs"

He did, however, elude towards and Tampa vs. Boston series.
He's basically saying the Leafs should hope for Tampa because he thinks Boston is that good and why I take that to mean he won't give the Leafs a chance against the Bruins.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I don't think any of TBL-TOR-BOS are keen to face one another. Feels like a crummy reward for a good season.

YES, the league needs to go back to 1-8 format. We'd be gearing up to take on the 6th seed in the east which would end up being either the Flyers, Blue Jackets or Devils.

Those seem like more appropriate teams for us to play considering we've had such a great season, the Flyers, Blue Jackets and Devils although still good have at the same time had noticeably lesser seasons than Toronto.

This new system has no reward for being good, we're going to have to play a top team in either the Lightning or Bruins. If it doesn't change the Leafs need to aim for 1st in the division as only then could we play a wild card team.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
This is what happens when you screw around with the playoff matchups in the name of "rivalries"

What a balls up that idea is turning out to be

YES, the league needs to go back to 1-8 format. We'd be gearing up to take on the 6th seed in the east which would end up being either the Flyers, Blue Jackets or Devils.

Those seem like more appropriate teams for us to play considering we've had such a great season, the Flyers, Blue Jackets and Devils although still good have at the same time had noticeably lesser seasons than Toronto.

This new system has no reward for being good, we're going to have to play a top team in either the Lightning or Bruins. If it doesn't change the Leafs need to aim for 1st in the division as only then could we play a wild card team.

With you guys on this. It wasn't broken before, no reason to fix it.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If the NHL used the 1-8 format Toronto would be playing Philadelphia in the first round if nothing changed in the standings.

However when they used the 1-8 format there was also 3 divisions where the 1st place team in them got the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seeds depending on who got the most points in that order. So using that logic Toronto would not be a #3 seed, although it could also work with just the 2 divisions they have today.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Why the league decided to mess with the playoff format is beyond me. You'll lose one of Boston,Tampa or Toronto in round one guaranteed. How that benefits the league I'll never know. As for the OP, I'd easily rather play Boston. But if you wanna win a cup, you're gonna have to beat Tampa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad