Player Discussion Craig Anderson Appreciation Thread

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Now here is someone who deserves an appreciation thread. Not just for this season, but for the last five years.

Andy :handclap::handclap::handclap:

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Andy has always been a top 10 goalie in the league in my opinion, at least over the last 4-5 seasons.

This year he's top 5.

Love this guy. He's so calm cool and collected in interviews too. It would have been really easy for Andy to go off on the team when they would let an absurd amount of shots against under Cameron. He always played it classy.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Damn he's been good. Boucher's system looks like it encourages players to take the middle of the ice away, but he's still be absolutely amazing in there. Beast!

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Andy has just been amazing this season........

I don't know how he can be going through what he is in his personal life and play so well.......................................

When my wife was failing 60 yrs ago to MS I will admit it I was a basket case........

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Totally agree ZekeA!!

He's been an absolute beast and to do that while going through such hard time in his own life is truly incredible. He deserves every bit of praise he's getting and more.

Truly been great for Ottawa.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Until this year I was on the fence with Anderson, he was either elite or uninterested in games but this year he actually seems to have taken a step in his game and overall consistency. He's been remarkable.

hooknshoot

Dipsy Doodle
Nov 23, 2014
Canada
CraigAndersonShootout.jpg

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Andy has always been a top 10 goalie in the league in my opinion, at least over the last 4-5 seasons.

This year he's top 5.

Love this guy. He's so calm cool and collected in interviews too. It would have been really easy for Andy to go off on the team when they would let an absurd amount of shots against under Cameron. He always played it classy.

Well, Sens are 22nd in SA/GP this season with 31.2 SA per game. Last season, they were 30th with 32.8, so they're just giving up 1.6 less shot per 60 minutes... As for 2014-15, Sens were 25th in SA/GP in the last 55 games of the season (when Cameron became coach)

http://www.naturalstattrick.com/tea...&stype=2&sit=all&score=all&gpf=c&gp=55&rate=n

I have been repeating ad nauseam but the number of shots against doesn't matter much if you're cutting the quality of chances against.

2014-15 (last 55 games):

SA : 25th
SCA : 13th
HDSCA : 12th

2015-16 :

SA : 30th
SCA : 28th
HDSCA : 20th

2016-17 :

SA : 22th
SCA : 22th
HDSCA : 8th

As I have repeated in the past, Ottawa has been a team "boxing out the perimeter" for years (as indicated by the scoring chances (high or regular) vs the number of shots), it's just that this year they are more successful at it.

In comparison, Habs are :

2016-17 :

SA : 25th
SCA : 24th
HDSCA : 22th

2015-16 :

SA : 12th
SCA : 13th
HDSCA : 16th

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
The Trump Card

Craig Anderson

I guarantee you when he comes back, he'll go on a stupid run maintaining a sv% 930+ for like the rest of the season... it's .924 now, I could see him pushing it up to .930

When he misses time he just comes back and obliterates and you know how his personality is... that guys driven

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
yeah I could see that.
We need to add a strong net driving forward to the top 6 and then even the bottom 6 to make a run to the playoffs relevant though imo. first round exit would be painful. Our forwards are weak comparatively.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
We’re going to win. We’re going to win so much. We’re going to win at save percentage, we’re going to win at the GAA. We’re going to win so much, you’re going to be so sick and tired of winning, you’re going to come to me and go ‘Please, please, we can’t win anymore.’ You’ve heard this one. You’ll say ‘Please, Mr. Anderson, we beg you sir, we don’t want to win anymore. It’s too much. It’s not fair to everybody else.’†Anderson said. “And I’m going to say ‘I’m sorry, but we’re going to keep winning, winning, winning, We’re going to make Ottawa great again.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
it sure will be interesting to see a clear #1 calibre starter playing behind a more structurally sound D.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Got a shutout in his first game back after missing 2 months.

Anderson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :handclap:

Do you guys think he will be nominated for the Masterton trophy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->