Coyotes Sign Yandle

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Alpine said:
Man, you have to start a draft rules thread.
So if Yandle had gone the NCAA route he would not have to be signed untill his senior year, right? Did this change because he picked CHL?
Also any player not drafted out of the CHL can be signed to an AHL contract at 18 or 19 years but a player drafted out of the CHL cannot sign an AHL contract untill he's 20? Is the ECHL bound by these rules? So if Sidney hadn't made the Pens, he would have had to been sent back to Rimouski?
I won't go on about Yandle. I've already said on other threads that he's the best I've seen.

I dont exactly how the new CBA deals with players drafted and heading to NCAA.

Your second paragraph is correct. It is all about CHL and non-CHL. Where it becomes sticky is with Euros. If they are drafted out of their euro league, then come play in the CHL they can play in the AHL at 18or 19. BUT if the Euro's come here and then get drafted after a year in the CHL, they are considered under the CHL draft rules.

Yup, Crosby was either in the NHL or back in Junior...or in europe.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Kritty said:
Granted, he would go higher, but let's not forget it is only after one season. As good as his past season was, he could just as easily fall back down next year. I wouldn't go as far as 1st round just yet, after another strong season, then I would.
most guys who get drafted high only have done it for one season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad