Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign AC Mario Duhamel to multi-year extension.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This one has always made me a little uncomfortable. I’d love to learn more about this guy and find out whether he’s legit, or just a sidekick.

Reactions: Mosby

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
This one has always made me a little uncomfortable. I’d love to learn more about this guy and find out whether he’s legit, or just a sidekick.
Presumably he's had a role with getting Moser and Välimäki integrated into their roles. You're right though that it's hard to get a good gauge on this. He might just be in charge of the defense in name, with Tourigny having a heavy hand there as well, but they worked together previously, so you'd think he wouldn't have just hired a yes-man.

Info about assistant effectiveness doesn't often come out except via direct quotes from players about how they interacted and even there, who knows (see Kessel-Tocchet).

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Coaching staff chemistry matters.

Don't think Tourigny will be firing anyone from his staff for outshining him like Tocchet did. Duhamel doesn't have any bonafides but he also doesn't have a bad track record like some previous hires (MacLean). The staff hasn't had any issues of note so let it ride until the team doesn't meet expectations.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
John Madden has now been extended too. I think now it’s just Schwab and the video guy.

Reactions: ck26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad