News Article: Coyotes rebuild is just beginning, but it’s off to a brilliant start

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Matvei already has 3pts in his first 4 KHL games. Unsure as to quality of those points, but 3 in 4 as an 16yr old is pretty darn good.

The new rules afford us the greatest opportunity if we can just finish dead last. If we can do that then #3 is the worst we can do, which means we're guaranteed to get 1 of Wright, Lambert or Savoie.

It would be great if we could actually win the lottery for once though. C'mon Tank Commander to the Cellar we await.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Matvei already has 3pts in his first 4 KHL games. Unsure as to quality of those points, but 3 in 4 as an 16yr old is pretty darn good.
Some are saying Bedard could be the greatest hockey player alive today. Others are saying he might not even be the best player in his draft class. Matvei Michkov is out of this world talented. He's already playing on the top line in the KHL, as a 16 year old kid. The kid signed a long KHL contract though. This is his first year of a five year contract. So he won't be in the NHL until 2025-2026 season at the age of 21. That kind of fits our timeline though. It's very likely we land one of Michkov, Wright or Bedard.

Last edited:

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I don’t care about Bedard or Michlov. I want Wright.
If we get Wright, then win the 2023 lottery, do we trade the 2023 first pick for prospects and/or more picks. We don't need $25 million tied up on two players. What a dilemma to have never had. lol

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
After more studying I’m officially sold on geekie. Imagine him falling to 11 and grabbing both him and Wright/lambert/savoie with our first pick. Set down the middle for good in one fell swoop.

If geekie has the kind of season im expecting though there’s no chance he falls out of the top 10, but one can hope.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
If we get Wright, then win the 2023 lottery, do we trade the 2023 first pick for prospects and/or more picks.

Hell no. If you have the chance to field two generational players instead of one, you do that shit.

Wright/Bedard would be a gift from the hockey gods that would almost - but not quite - make up for much of what came before. Which is why it will never happen for us.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
After more studying I’m officially sold on geekie. Imagine him falling to 11 and grabbing both him and Wright/lambert/savoie with our first pick. Set down the middle for good in one fell swoop.

If geekie has the kind of season im expecting though there’s no chance he falls out of the top 10, but one can hope.

I'm drooling.

Keller-Geekie-Michkov
Maccelli-Savoie-Guenther
Crouse-Hayton-Jenik

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Say we finish dead last and two other teams win the lottery (obviously is is what will happen). We pick Savoie 3rd overall. Geekie is there at 11th overall, but the MTL pick is 17th overall. That's when we're going to be very happy we've got FIVE 2nd rounders to trade up with.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I’d also be very happy with McRoarty with the MTL pick if we can manage it. If we can secure a number 1 center with our pick we should immediately seek a number 2 center to pair them with. Revenge for 2015 where we missed two chances to grab number one centers (Barzal, Aho)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’d also be very happy with McRoarty with the MTL pick if we can manage it. If we can secure a number 1 center with our pick we should immediately seek a number 2 center to pair them with. Revenge for 2015 where we missed two chances to grab number one centers (Barzal, Aho)
I think the real revenge would be if we can get Shane Wright 1st overall, and then trade up from the Montreal pick a handful of spots to nab McRoarty. Wright-McRoarty-Hayton seems like nice C depth.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I think the sheer amount of picks we have and depth at center this draft should help make it not mandatory to land Wright. But boy oh boy would I like to.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad