#CoxBlocked is over!

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Of the Knights games on NHL Network so far, they've all been VGK broadcasts, I think. Wouldn't doubt it, though, that they feature the Stars feed, due to Dave's passing.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
If you live in Vegas, the Dallas feed is blacked out. And I believe you'll only get the Vegas feed if you already have AT&T RM on your cable package. If memory serves, I had the option of watching Kings/Ducks games through Center Ice or Fox Sports when I had Center Ice on DirecTV, because I had the tier that included the two Fox Sports channels.

Ducks and Kings games have been blocked out (on FS feed and CI).

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Ducks and Kings games have been blocked out (on FS feed and CI).

Sorry, should have clarified - I live in Los Angeles, so I could get the Ducks/Kings games on FS feed and CI when I had CI. Now that Vegas has its own local team in the market, I was told that the Kings/Ducks games will be blacked out on the FS feeds in Vegas, but you should still be able to watch them on CI.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
I watched the Ducks game last night on DirecTV 692/3 I don’t remember the channel. Been for years. It hasn’t changed. I canceled my CI package this season.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He had to have some say in this. Check this tweet from Steve Carp:

And then one hour later, Carp is announcing the deal.

That's really a bizarre turn if he was trying to be misleading. Why would you put them on blast after getting a deal done?

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
That's really a bizarre turn if he was trying to be misleading. Why would you put them on blast after getting a deal done?

No, I don't think Carp had anything to do with it. It's just that the first word we got from Foley this morning about the deal not being done was that he was "truly disappointed", and then an hour later the deal got done. I wonder if Foley called AT&T completely irate and said GET THE DEAL DONE IN TIME FOR THE GAME TONIGHT!

Reactions: Nevada Jones

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Just got off phone with Cox **supervisor**. Confirmed channel for ATTSN is 313/1313. I too am getting CSPAN.

Less than two hours to puck drop.

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Now, the biggest worry (at least for me) is going to be how the home opener will be shown, considering it's on NBCSN. Probably no showing of the pre-game opening, no local flair, plus, they'll more than likely pick broadcasters who'll make you want to shoot your TV. On top of that, it's a double-header. Chicago/Montreal is the first game shown, so, count on the possibility of missing the first 5-10 minutes of the 1st period.

I'm thankful that the NHL has a deal for hockey in the U.S., however, I wish NBC didn't have so much power to decide who they televise, and how they do it. They f*** up a lot of games for us in the Western half of the States. :mad:

Reactions: Nevada Jones

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
National games usually start ~15 minutes "later" than normal to account for pregame hype (and for late games, OT, slow play). But last week's Sharks home opener started 15 minutes after the half hour, but was JIP about 10 minutes into play. Sigh. Such is life of a west coast fan.

That said, SOMETIMES they schedule three hours for ET game followed by PT game. In that case, they may actually have toms time to head to studio to prepare for 2nd game.

There will be 10-15 minutes of pregame ceremonies (player introductions, etc.), so it may actually work that when the puck is ready to drop, the national coverage is "on".

Reactions: Puckrobber

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
So has anybody gotten their money back from NHL center ice? Since I cant see any Vegas games there's no point in having it.

Also, who has Cox / Sling / Vue / anything else who doesn't mind telling me what package they have and how much it is?

Last edited:

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
So has anybody gotten their money back from NHL center ice? Since I cant see any Vegas games there's no point in having it.

Also, who has Cox / Sling / Vue / anything else who doesn't mind telling me what package they have and how much it is?

I have Cox Advanced TV Preferred. It's bundled with phone (LOL) and internet, so I get a modest discount, but the TV part is $121.58. However that also includes a DVR and "mini-box," which is for a second TV in the bedroom. So you could subtract $13.50 if you don't need those. Also, this doesn't include taxes, fees and surcharges for the whole bundle, which comes to $17.01. TV only would, of course, be less.

I think you can get ATT SportsNet with Cox Essential, which is a lesser tier than I have. But I have searched the Cox website, which is a confusing mess, and I can't find a price for that...but it should be less than what I pay for Advanced Preferred.

Hope this helps a bit.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com

No point in having it? Ooh, I don't know about that. Although, I switched from Center Ice to NHL.TV last year and I love it. Granted, I don't get to see the Kings/Ducks game through the app, but I get the rest of the league - AND they also have really cool "game recap" videos that are much better than the highlight packages on NHL Network. One more thing: if you end up traveling during the season, you'll be able to watch Golden Knights games on your phone/laptop/tablet from wherever you are.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Do you guys get any other team games besides Golden Knights with ATTSN? I know Jazz and Rockies air on it too, but I know Vegas is LA territory when it comes to baseball, so Rockies are no go.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
I’m glad I get Center Ice, especially this season. Before the Knights I’d watch the Ducks/Kings games on their respective Fox Sports channels. Tonight the Ducks/Flames game is listed on Prime but when I go to Prime there’s other programming on and I have to watch the same feed on Center Ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad