Coverage on DSF and TW1 wake up Eurosport!

Meester

May 9, 2006
I am following the championships on DSF and TW1(german channels) from here in the UK via digital satellite but i have to say i cannot understand why Eurosport does not pick up the coverage like it used to.They must know the the world champs have a huge following in Europe and that the ratings would be very good indeed.Also there is Eurosport 2 in the UK now so they have loads of air time to show the hockey.For many years throughout the 90's i enjoyed Eurosports coverage especially with Ferguson/Boprey doing the commentary and now its like it does not exist!They show all sorts of sports alot of them less popular than hockey so if someone from Eurosport is reading this WAKE UP! and please get this great tournament back on your channel!

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
I would like to join the bashing of Eurosport and DSF!

DSF is just choosing the wrong games (UKR-SUI over RUS-BLR :dunno: ) and Eurosport... I'm speechless. They show pool! Who in the world watches pool???

I WANT HOCKEY!!!

Last edited:

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
TW1 is AFAIK an Austrian channel...and the announcer is plain awful...

And yes, DSF just showed the wrong games...

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
Eurosport and Eurosport 2 are rubbish. I am blown away by the lengths they seemingly go to to show the most meaningless and obscure sports imaginable. It's as if they are allergic to showing anything of quality.

At least my cable operator picked up NASN finally and I get to watch some hockey, but obviously not the World Championships.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
DSF is usually showing the "no name match-ups" instead of the interesting games. It's probably cheaper for them. But it's still better than Sat.1 in the past years. They pretty much only showed the German matches (yawn). And claimed they were LIVE when really they were on a 1 hour time delay.

harper

Feb 4, 2006
Im not sure if eurosport has a particular mandate, but i think its a joke that they cover sumo wrestling but not hockey. not just WC, but any hockey.

sbutler66

Feb 25, 2004
I thought Eurosport's mandate would try to accomodate competitions with a high european participation, and I think this would qualify. Furthermore the viewship would be fantastic, but I think that the induvidual national stations would have been able to offer a more lucrative cummulative package to the organisers than eurosport.

I wish they would at least show some extended highlights, or perhaps the later rounds. :shakehead

gimzo23

Jan 5, 2006
DSF has some very good and knowledgable hockey commentators. In the Russia-Slovakia game today the commentator said that Pittsburgh will have two great young centers with Crosby and Malkin, and a third one, of course, with Lemieux if he's fit and healthy to play :biglaugh: They said some funny stuff during the recent Olympics too.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Hindelang is great, he just made a mistake forgetting Lemieux's retirement.
If only the play-by-play guys in soccer or other sports would be as good as Hindelang and Leopold. Unlike the rest of the German-tv-world, they actually aren't completely blind and know what they are talking about.

DSF didn't cover the Olympics, ARD/ZDF and Eurosport did.
Eurosport had a great pair of commentators in Fassnacht and Büttner, perhaps the only ones who are comparable to Hindelang or Leopold.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
ARD and ZDF are not showing any games this time. Do they at least have the highlights?

Today on DSF they also said Vyacheslav Tretiak but we can forgive them that...

No comentator is worse than the Croatian who does hockey. :shakehead :cry:

gimzo23

Jan 5, 2006
Sanderson said:
Hindelang is great, he just made a mistake forgetting Lemieux's retirement.
If only the play-by-play guys in soccer or other sports would be as good as Hindelang and Leopold. Unlike the rest of the German-tv-world, they actually aren't completely blind and know what they are talking about.

DSF didn't cover the Olympics, ARD/ZDF and Eurosport did.
Eurosport had a great pair of commentators in Fassnacht and Büttner, perhaps the only ones who are comparable to Hindelang or Leopold.

You're right, my bad with the Olympic coverage. It was Eurosport not DSF of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->