Couturier put up that performance with a torn MCL

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
So I guess he didn’t dive when Letang hacked him- like so many proclaimed...

I thought it was a hack too but the other angle shows his feet were kicked out from under him. Rubbing salt in the would for the refs not to call a one legged warrior getting his feet kicked out that leads to the dagger in the series.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
What a stud, amazing year for him regular season and playoffs. They are certainly in good shape down the middle with him and Giroux for the next few years. Steal of a contract too.

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
Damn hope it was worth probably never walking the same way again to get blown out by the penguins in the first round

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
He should be wearing the C in Philly.
Yeah. Him or Simmonds, really. Giroux is very overrated and not a great example. Flyers on the whole look like a team that’s close but needs something to push them to the next level.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
What I find the most incredible is that no one else got more than one point on his team.

What a beast. He should be wearing the "C" next year.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Great player, shame Hextall is wasting his prime and what's left of Giroux and Simmons because he likes having a coach with a similar sounding name. Holy shit what a garbage GM he turned out to be after all the fanfare, this team would be cup bound if he didn't give away Schenn and went for #1 goalie/better RD than MacDonald instead of housing cap dumps from Tampa and St Louis

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Great player, shame Hextall is wasting his prime and what's left of Giroux and Simmons because he likes having a coach with a similar sounding name. Holy **** what a garbage GM this team would be cup bound if he didn't give away Schenn and went for #1 goalie/better RD than MacDonald instead of housing cap dumps from Tampa and St Louis

Sean turned 25 in December, I think he has plenty of prime left to waste under their next coach. Also...Schenn returned 2 1sts (and, yes, Lehtera's contract). You can debate that value all you want, but I'm not sure he was really "given away."

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
him, Provorov, and Konecny were the only Flyers who showed any kind of guts in that series. Couturier would make a great captain imo

maxmn

Feb 16, 2013
I thought it was a hack too but the other angle shows his feet were kicked out from under him. Rubbing salt in the would for the refs not to call a one legged warrior getting his feet kicked out that leads to the dagger in the series.

Letang went for the puck. The flyer was not slashed...but did an amazing dive!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's too bad more of that team didn't have the heart and desire that kid had, he deserves to be on a better team.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Yeah. Him or Simmonds, really. Giroux is very overrated and not a great example. Flyers on the whole look like a team that’s close but needs something to push them to the next level.

Not everyone should be allowed opinions. Imagine actually thinking this is true.

Reactions: Vikke

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Letang went for the puck. The flyer was not slashed...but did an amazing dive!

It’s amazing how easy it is to dive when you have your legs taken out from you from behind at pace.

Are you genuine saying Couturier dived? My word.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Beast. Hes developed into a great player for Philly. Wasnt that long ago I was seeing him in a lot of trade proposals from philly fans.

Los Patos de Anaheim

Nov 19, 2016
Idaho, USA
A tear can be anything from a grade 1 stretch, grade 2 partial tear, or grade 3 full tear. I played all of this season with a grade 1 ACL tear and an oblique fracture in my tibial plateau that I sustained over the summer. I played most of last season with a grade 1 LCL tear.

These injuries hurt extremely bad, but playing on them isn't a super feat. Now if they were football or lacrosse players, running rather than skating, it would be much more impressive.

No one is out there playing on full knee ligament tears.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Beast. Hes developed into a great player for Philly. Wasnt that long ago I was seeing him in a lot of trade proposals from philly fans.
That's not true at all. There have been a handful of guys that don't like Couts but there have been almost no proposals from Philly fans over the last couple years offering him up in a trade and in the couple I can remember, they were shot down by Flyers fans with a brain pretty quickly.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Its almost as bad as when Hatcher knocked Crosby's teeth out with a cross check, flyer fans said he dove....imagine that.
Did you just bring up an incident involving a guy that retired a decade ago to justify dumb posts from the last 24 hours? My god, Pepperidge Farm doesn't even remember that far back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad