Couturier put up that performance with a torn MCL

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I know this is like the 3rd thread on him but my god

UXsotMM.png

What a performance and your reward is you probably saved your crappy coach's job for next year

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
He was not crying because he was sad. He was crying because he realized his play means he has to play for Hakstol again.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Honestly don't know how some of these hockey players play with such injuries... props to him for performing at such a high level despite the MCL injury.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, when he couldn't make a simple clear out of the zone in game 5 it was obvious his injury was no joke. To score 4 or 5 points or whatever that was since is extremely impressive.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
That is indeed pretty nuts. You hear stories like this after every playoffs and it's insane.

Horns last year played with broken ribs.
Thornton the year before had acl or mcl damage as well.

It's just nuts how tough some of these guys are.

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
Beyond impressive. He's already a fan favorite this will only increase that.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
That is indeed pretty nuts. You hear stories like this after every playoffs and it's insane.

Broken hand. Schultz had broken ribs.

Reactions: maxmn

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
It always amazes me what some players play through. I would like to clarify though that this isn't exactly a "torn MCL". A torn MCL is not a 4 week recovery, thats the recovery time for a 1st degree or less severe 2nd degree sprain (a 3rd degree is typically referred to as a full tear or rupture). Impressive nonetheless, as I'm sure that was incredibly painful, and being able to trust an unstable knee in the NHL playoffs is crazy in its own right.

Hockey players are crazy and I love it.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
He was beastly today. Not looking forward to having to play him and Provorov over the next several years.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

They play with injured body parts by taking a ton of pain killers. It must hurt like hell when they go back home and the effects of the pain killers wear off again.

Reactions: razor8 and egelband

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Gonchar played the rest of the playoffs when Ovechkin stuck his leg out on him in 09. Gonchar missed a game so much respect he did the same.

He seemed to play better after it.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Even as a Pens fan sworn to hate everything Flyers, this is impressive. Respect for him. Showed why hockey players are the toughest athletes out there...

Reactions: CSKA1974

Deflectrick

Jul 11, 2007
Winnipeg
It always amazes me what some players play through. I would like to clarify though that this isn't exactly a "torn MCL". A torn MCL is not a 4 week recovery, thats the recovery time for a 1st degree or less severe 2nd degree sprain (a 3rd degree is typically referred to as a full tear or rupture). Impressive nonetheless, as I'm sure that was incredibly painful, and being able to trust an unstable knee in the NHL playoffs is crazy in its own right.

Hockey players are crazy and I love it.
4 weeks + steroids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->