Injury Report: Couture out with concussion

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
f*** you Burmistrov. And f*** off hockey gods. Someone needs to give Burmistrov a "howdoyado" accident or not.

I seriously hope he recovers as sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It just makes me think of what Vlasic was saying about how easy it is to pass the concussion protocol.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Interference, hit to the head, injury (concussion). No discipline.

At least he didn't slash him in a padded area!

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
They're going to say that intent was the difference, like it or not.
It was still an infraction, a hit to the head, and a head injury.

I totally get you, but those are all the hallmarks of a suspendable play. Especially considering the league is supposed to be cautious of head hits/injuries.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It was still an infraction, a hit to the head, and a head injury.

I totally get you, but those are all the hallmarks of a suspendable play. Especially considering the league is supposed to be cautious of head hits/injuries.

I totally agree but all it takes is one for them to let someone off the hook sometimes. I don't get why it's the case for some and not others but we've known it to be true for a long time now.

If the refs had called it a 5 minute major and a game like it deserved, I would've been okay with no suspension but since the refs didn't have the balls to make the correct call, DoPS should've given him a game.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The Sharks have totally gotten the short end of the stick this year in terms of suspensions. Dillon got a game, Meier got a fine, yet this got nothing, Johansen got nothing (except a rock bottom from the captain).

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Hmm.

As team is in Canada, can't really recall player (easily) due to US-Canada charter rules. So, Boedker may be Monday replacement as he's with the team.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Oh good, this is exactly what Logan needed.

There’s no justice in the world. Of all the Sharks’ top players, Couture is the only one who is not remotely dirty. Thornton, Pavelski, Vlasic, these guys are low-key dirty players. But Couture has never done anything wrong, and he keeps getting concussed and losing all his teeth.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Oh good, this is exactly what Logan needed.

There’s no justice in the world. Of all the Sharks’ top players, Couture is the only one who is not remotely dirty. Thornton, Pavelski, Vlasic, these guys are low-key dirty players. But Couture has never done anything wrong, and he keeps getting concussed and losing all his teeth.
His hip check on Lucic was absolutely glorious.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Silver lining - last time he was hurt in the regular season he dominated the playoffs

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Silver lining - last time he was hurt in the regular season he dominated the playoffs

This team can't afford to lose him for the almost three months they did that year like that team could. If they lose him for two months, their chances of making the playoffs drastically drop.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Lol day-to-day for a concussion? When has that ever been an accurate injury label? It’s obvious it’s going to be more like week-to-week. So he’s clearly going to be put on the IR so why not just do it now?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Lol day-to-day for a concussion? When has that ever been an accurate injury label? It’s obvious it’s going to be more like week-to-week. So he’s clearly going to be put on the IR so why not just do it now?

Not like it makes much of a difference but since Boedker is about ready to go, they'll probably just put Couture on it when they take Boedker off of it.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA

He could be decapitated, and the Sharks would still list him as 'day to day'.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013

No bueno.

My guess is he's out AT LEAST a week. Perhaps 2.

(Start count down after symptom free exertion.)

Wondering if that pushes DW for more scoring, and/or Cuda losing more offense.

I did a quick review of our schedule. As of today, we have four in division games over the next two weeks. That's it, 4 gm in 14 days. If he is out a third week it's four more eastern conf games. Any more than that and it's like 6gms in ten days, bunches of games smunched together. So if it's only a couple of weeks, now is much better than later in the season. But even four more games could easily have us on the outside looking in on the playoffs. We have no margin.

If couture is out any lengthy time, and we do nothing to replace his scoring, we easily could be sellers at the TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad