Country by country captains : who would be your choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissCanuck

Apr 26, 2004
Quebec
Canada: Lemieux
USA: Let me be the first, CONROY :D
Russia: Zhamnov
Czech Republic: Jagr
Sweden: Naslund
Finland: Koivu
Slovakia: Satan
Germany: Sturm

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
balddog66 said:
Mario not a leader? People have short memories...yeah Yzerman battled through a bad knee, showing his grit and leadership...
Gee what has Mario done, other than hold the respect of the entire NHL, his teammates watched him play when he could tie his own skates because of his back, and play after being zapped with radiation for his cancer...
Funny, because of the three mentioned, Yzerman, Sakic and Lemieux, they are all lead by example leaders, not vocal in the dressing room...if any Mario is now the most vocal now that he's had to embrace the media spotlight as an owner...
Mario has quit on his team 2 of the last 3 years because he "had more important goals". Yzerman and Sakic would never do that.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Fish on The Sand said:
Mario has quit on his team 2 of the last 3 years because he "had more important goals". Yzerman and Sakic would never do that.

in fairness, yzerman and sakic don't have to play with the penguins. but really, it's kind of obvious lately that mario's main focus has become international play. in his mind, he's made the choice to save himself to play for a team where he can make a difference, instead of risking career ending injuries by pushing himself to play for the penguins (which would probably make little or no difference in the standings for them anyways). i can't see him ever surviving the grind of another full NHL season, but he can still be the best in the world in a short tournament. i have no problem with him being the captain. and if he's as healthy as advertised, i think he's going to light up the tournament as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad