Could Toews get a rare "TRIPLE"?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
IF North Dakota advances to the NCAA Championship Game and wins it on April 8th,and if Toews is added to Canada's roster at the U-18 (assuming he has completed his exams this semester and can go) then it sets up the possibility of a very rare TRIPLE:

. World Jr. (U-20) Gold Medal (Jan '06)
. NCAA Championship (Apr 8th, '06?)
. World U-18 Championship (Apr. 22nd '06)

This would be incredible if it happened --and he doesn't turn 18 till Apr. 29th!

(I hope I habven't jinxed him)..

P.S. Some have speculated that once he made the U-20 squad,Hockey Canada won't put him back on the U-18 (as Russia did with Malkin) --but imagine the uproar if he can go and they then denied hima VERY RARE CHANCE for the TRIPLE CROWN?

Very interesting.........

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
hawksfan50 said:
IF North Dakota advances to the NCAA Championship Game and wins it on April 8th,and if Toews is added to Canada's roster at the U-18 (assuming he has completed his exams this semester and can go) then it sets up the possibility of a very rare TRIPLE:

This would be incredible if it happened --and he doesn't turn 18 till Apr. 29th!

P.S. Some have speculated that once he made the U-20 squad,Hockey Canada won't put him back on the U-18 (as Russia did with Malkin) --but imagine the uproar if he can go and they then denied hima VERY RARE CHANCE for the TRIPLE CROWN?

He was also Captain of the Canadian team that won gold at the U18 Junior World Cup last August, which basically leads into the 2005/2006 season for all players.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
hawksfan50 said:

nope not gonna happen

badrobot101

Jan 16, 2006
Toronto
golleafsgo_17 said:
nope not gonna happen

North Dakota were bounced last night, sadly.

Wisconsin vs. Boston College for the NCAA championship. But Toews scored for ND and should be proud of his accomplishments. I hope he's on the U-18 team, but I don't think he will be.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
badrobot101 said:
North Dakota were bounced last night, sadly.

Wisconsin vs. Boston College for the NCAA championship. But Toews scored for ND and should be proud of his accomplishments. I hope he's on the U-18 team, but I don't think he will be.

Go Robbie Earl :)

Transported Upstater

Go BC!!!!!

I really don't have anything against Wisconsin though, in all honesty. NoDak and Wisconsin are two of my favorite WCHA teams. I freaking hate UMinn almost as much as I hate Harvard.

Gopher_Nut

Dec 8, 2005
MaDdY said:
Go Robbie Earl :)

Robbie Earl is a wuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dives as much as he skates!!!!! Hopefully someone will display the Van Halen "Diver Down" logo tomorrow night.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Transported Upstater

Gopher_Nut said:
Robbie Earl is a wuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dives as much as he skates!!!!! Hopefully someone will display the Van Halen "Diver Down" logo tomorrow night.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

A lame post deserves a lame response:

How's the national title game treating you?

He's a Leafs fan, interested in a Leafs prospect. What an evil guy!!!

EDIT: I don't even know why I got suckered into this thread. The thread author has a seriously obsessive, Ray Finkle-style hate for Kessell and builds a shrine to Toews.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gopher_Nut

Dec 8, 2005
TransportedUpstater said:
A lame post deserves a lame response:

How's the national title game treating you?

He's a Leafs fan, interested in a Leafs prospect. What an evil guy!!!

EDIT: I don't even know why I got suckered into this thread. The thread author has a seriously obsessive, Ray Finkle-style hate for Kessell and builds a shrine to Toews.

Rough yr but I'll take 2 out of the last 5. Only Denver can claim that along with us!!!

Sorry dude...He's a wuss!! :cry: :cry:

You do have one thing correct....Hawk50 has some fetish for Toews. Toews may need a restraining order!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad