Could Canadian hockey be barred from participating in international tournaments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
With what it unfolding and it looking like things will only get worse. Members of the IIHF (mainly Sweden and Finland) may decide due to the nature of allegations that Hockey Canada may need a time out from international events. Before you say it is none of their business, why is Russia not allowed to play in the World Championships at any level?

For those paying attention to the last world Jrs--Sweden already took a shot at Hockey Canada. I personally think the IIHF MAY suspend Canada from international play for a couple of years while Canada "sorts its house out".

Many of you will say it is none of their business.. but the events that are being suggested occurred during by members of a team put together for an IIHF event. That makes it their business.

Others will say "they wont cause they want the Canadian money". I actually think this is less important then some may think and some countries maybe happy not have to deal with Canada at any level for a few years

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
as one would expect. 3 posters in and they are not understanding the question. I personally suspect the IIHF will sanction Canadian Hockey in one form or another. This will be a black eye from Canada

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Is it actually your assertion that a horrific crime involving six people is somehow on par with a nuclear power starting a war?
The Russian Ice Hockey Federation has absolutely nothing to do with Russia's foreign policy. Hockey Canada has plenty to do with the ongoing mess of the sexual assault scandal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad