Cost to play in the minor/regional systhem.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I wonder if it's more expensive to play hockey in Canada or in the USA at a young age. Let's say you have two kids one is 7 and the other is 14 and one of them is a goalie.

If you can translate it in USD id like to know the average price to play in Europe and in Russia at that age. And by price i mean everything , equipments, camps , road trips , time,ect.

VladNYC*

Well in Russia you dont pay for any thing, if your kid is accepted in the system. He gets everything for free and some times his family even gets financial help. The major RSL teams run the junior teams, so guys like Malkin have technically been on Mettalurg since they were little kids. It's nothing like hockey is in the west.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Well in Russia you dont pay for any thing, if your kid is accepted in the system. He gets everything for free and some times his family even gets financial help. The major RSL teams run the junior teams, so guys like Malkin have technically been on Mettalurg since they were little kids. It's nothing like hockey is in the west.

That's nice , i guess the situation in Russia help them gain 'control' over players because the parents don't have the money to send their kids there. If Canada had a pro-league and did the same im sure a lot of poor Canadian kids would play hockey , a lot of parents raise their kids alone nowdays and dont have money for Hockey and just send their kid play soccer or basketball for 100$ a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad