Cory Schneider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stock Rocks

Feb 27, 2002
Billerica, Mass.
Visit site
I've seen him play about ten times over the past two seasons.

Positives- Size, athleticism both combine to make him very tough to beat. Very good positioning and always seems to come up with the big save. Makes a lot of tough saves look routine. Carried the team on his back- stopped 96% of the shots he faced on a team that didn't get a lot of offense. Was elected captain by team as a goalie...speaks a lot to his character and maturity.

Negatives- I saw him give up a few goals to the glove side- definitely not his strength. Had a tendency to run around and try to do too much with puckhandling- was caught out of the net on occasion and burned for goals.

Overall- STUD goalie. Underrated because he's coming out of prep, but should be a surefire 1st-rounder because of his strong play in Minsk. All he did was make saves whenever I saw him, and his team was outplayed by a wide margin in those games, yet, he only lost two of the 10 games I witnessed. Serious wow factor and could be a guy who gets BC another championship if he plays as well at the next level.

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Thanks for the information, so i'm hoping that Rimouski deal with him, imagine the visibility that Schneider will have if he's on the same team than Sidney Crosby, he wont be no more underated :jump:

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I've heard that Boston College was so impressed with his performance at the U18's this year that they've decided to bring him in this year instead of in 2005. I'd imagine that this means he'll challenge Matti Kaltiainen for the starting job.

PMP5030

Apr 25, 2004
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
cagney said:
I've heard that Boston College was so impressed with his performance at the U18's this year that they've decided to bring him in this year instead of in 2005. I'd imagine that this means he'll challenge Matti Kaltiainen for the starting job.

If Schneider's as good as advertised he probably will win the starting job for BC. Kaltianen has a very bad habit of letting in about 1 soft goal a game, BC tried to keep the shots against him low, but ultimately it still hurt them.

DR. Holiday

Chief said:
Agree with a lot of what Stock Rocks said...Here's our scouting report on Schneider: http://younggunshockey.com/schneider.htm

I hope you know more about him than Ladd. This comment from Ladds "scouting report" (lol) "Seeing him out there in his #9 sweater has lead more than one observer to liken him to Adam Graves"
To bad he is number 19 not 9. Maybe send a guy to a game. :lol:

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Believe me, our WHL scout has been getting a lot of grief for that over the last few days! What happened was the person editing the final text thought he was making the sentence a better read but, instead, screwed it up! And when the one person who can make a change to your site is halfway across the world at a convention, well, things just don't get fixed as fast as you'd like!

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
The Ladd profile has been corrected...and, seriously, if anyone else sees any mistakes, please contact us, so we can correct them...you can find contact info on the website.

Last edited:

DR. Holiday

Chief said:
Believe me, our WHL scout has been getting a lot of grief for that over the last few days! What happened was the person editing the final text thought he was making the sentence a better read but, instead, screwed it up! And when the one person who can make a change to your site is halfway across the world at a convention, well, things just don't get fixed as fast as you'd like!

Good cover

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
cagney said:

You're also forgetting about Joe Pearce. Are you saying that Pearce won't be in the mix/fighting for the starting job next season either?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Oilers Chick said:
You're also forgetting about Joe Pearce. Are you saying that Pearce won't be in the mix/fighting for the starting job next season either?

Eh, Schnieder is still better than Joe. Joe played ahead of my cousin at Brick Highschool in New Jersey until he moved on. He's always been a good goalie and I'm pretty sure he'll make the NHL. But, even at this age, Schnieder is still better if you ask me.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
X-SHARKIE said:
I talked with Cory this summer at a Green Bay Gamblers camp....it sounded like he was comited to going there.....Did this change?

Yes.

The moment BC comes calling and says, "We want you here in the fall- forget the USHL," he's going to do that. Nothing against Green Bay or the USHL, but he wants to get to school sooner rather than later.

There is a possibility that Matti Kaltiainen will turn pro and play in the SM-Liiga next year, so that would certainly open up a chance for Schneider to be at Chestnut Hill next season.

Education is a big priority of his. He could have left Phillips-Andover for the USHL this year, but chose to stay because he isn't focused on taking the best path to the NHL, but rather, the best path that will help him in life if pro hockey doesn't work out.

He's got a real good head on his shoulders.

Hockeypuck

Oilers Chick said:
If Pearce starts for BC this year they are in trouble. Kaltiainen is an average goalie,but is head and shoulders better than Pearce from what I saw and if Schneider is what he's cracked up to be then I don't think Pearce would beat him out.

catcher

Oct 4, 2003
Visit site
I remember someone making a comment last season about Pearce's weak glove hand. Now you're saying Schneider also has a weak glove hand. What's up with that? I hope they givePearce a chance to play next season. I would think he's earned it. He can't be too happy with this situation, though.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Reveille said:
I somehow doubt that..
What exactly do you doubt? That Schneider will play in Rimouski or that they
will win the Memorial Cup if he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad