Coralville set to build new Ice Arena | Potential Arena for the University of Iowa

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Added the U of Iowa thing to the thread title. I've never heard of Coralville and I doubt most unfamiliar with Iowa would have a clue where it is.

Could be interesting.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Yeah, that is not the name of a town I'd expect to be in Iowa :laugh:

Seems like it'd be Coral Gables low rent cousin, not a suburb of Iowa City.

Then again I wasn't expecting the University of Iowa to even be considering a hockey program for another decade or so...figured they'd be one of the last Big Ten programs to add it.

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Yeah, that is not the name of a town I'd expect to be in Iowa :laugh:

Seems like it'd be Coral Gables low rent cousin, not a suburb of Iowa City.

Then again I wasn't expecting the University of Iowa to even be considering a hockey program for another decade or so...figured they'd be one of the last Big Ten programs to add it.

I did not think of Iowa as a candidate either until this. The USHL has done well in Iowa (5 teams) and you also have a lot of Chicago kids (slightly over 3 hour drive) attend Iowa.

I'm not sure how Iowa's club team draws but I know Iowa State has been a power in club. They also get some great crowds for games and have toyed with the idea D1 hockey in Ames.

Nebraska now has Breslow Ice Center as well as Pinnacle Bank Arena (has ice floor capabilities) and now Iowa will have a new barn. Lets hope one of them makes the jump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->