Confirmed with Link: Cooper Marody Acquired from Flyers for 3rd Round Pick (NJ) [UPD: Signed to 3-year ELC]

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Right handed center.. 21 years old, 46 points in 37 games at Michigan.

Had good numbers in the USHL in his draft year as well.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He had a good year this year but had less points than Cagguila had in his last season.
Played on the same team has Quinn Hughes so that gives me a hint that we at least were drafting Hughes a bunch and saw what we liked with him.
A 3rd round pick is a massive overpay but thats just Oilers things.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He had a good year this year but had less points than Cagguila had in his last season.
Played on the same team has Quinn Hughes so that gives me a hint that we at least were drafting Hughes a bunch and saw what we liked with him.
A 3rd round pick is a massive overpay but thats just Oilers things.

I don’t really see it as an overpay. I’d trade a 3rd all day for another Caggiula.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I don’t really see it as an overpay. I’d trade a 3rd all day for another Caggiula.
Agreed, Oilers who have been drafted in the 3rd round and played a decent chunk of games for are team are as follows:

Slepy, Khaira, Mike Comrie and Danny Syvret

Thats four players going all the way back to Comrie's draft year in 1999. Thirds are a shot in the dark, especially on this team.

Edit: Whoops I missed Zach Stortini

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
we definitely have a shortage of right handed offensive players and the additions of rattie and bear, its really shown how much we need them

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I wasn't aware that teams are able to still make deals, even for unsigned players. Neat.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not many 4th liners with 10 goals in a bad season - he also started really poorly but I think he’s come along the last 30 games or so.
He has the ability to put up points but his play away from the puck is really bad. He is bigger though and I know little about this guy but who knows.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
From our perspective, it seems the Flyers weren't as high on his top 6 potential. And with the season he is having, he might want to turn pro and I don't think the Flyers feel they could give him chances that other teams may be able to give him.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I wasn't aware that teams are able to still make deals, even for unsigned players. Neat.
Deals can be made whenever except during the holiday break.
All the trade deadline means is that the players aren't eligible for playoffs.

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
Interesting note: he had mono in his freshman year, then had to miss part of his sophmore year due to not completing enough credits in his freshman year (due to mono). Also read that he was cut from his high school hockey team, if nothing else it certainly appears that he had the drive to be a pro.

He seems to have progressed stats wise, which is a promising sign. Had a better junior season than Caguila.

If Chia was looking to get more developed talent over picks I think he has done pretty well here. If we had a 3rd rounder that was tracking as well as Marody I think you would be pretty happy. Only issue is him becoming a free agent if he stays in school.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad