OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) III - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I'm assuming everyone's heard of Fortnite by this point.

But the biggest twitch streamer of Fortnite, Ninja, is currently playing with Drake, Juju Smith-Schuster, and Travis Scott. He's got 600,000+ viewers right now. :laugh:

I don't have either game yet, I'm more of a Player Unknown Battlegrounds type person, Fortnite is too arcadey looking to me. Anyway, I've been watching a bunch of play throughs and I'm absolutely amazed at the insane amount of subscribers these gamers have on their channels. It doesn't matter what they are playing, the amount of people watching them is just freaking nuts. I spend a lot of time on youtube watching various podcasts but the gamer channels just blow them away with subscribers.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I don't have either game yet, I'm more of a Player Unknown Battlegrounds type person, Fortnite is too arcadey looking to me. Anyway, I've been watching a bunch of play throughs and I'm absolutely amazed at the insane amount of subscribers these gamers have on their channels. It doesn't matter what they are playing, the amount of people watching them is just freaking nuts. I spend a lot of time on youtube watching various podcasts but the gamer channels just blow them away with subscribers.

Kids/people watching gamers play amazed me at first but now it kindve makes sense to me with how much we are all attached to technology. If terrible YouTube channels can average millions of views per video then it doesn’t shock me any more to see top gamers having a couple hundred thousand viewers on big occasions.

It is all still quite amazing how the world went from inviting your friend over to play pong while you sit 2 feet looking up at the giant tube to someone sitting in their home and being viewed by 600,000 people.

Reactions: JK3

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Going back and playing some old fire emblems that I never did on an emulator. Finished the Blazing Blade, which I really enjoyed, and now I'm playing the Binding Blade. And holy shit man. I swear someone went into the rom I have and switched numbers around because there is no way I'm just getting f***ed by RNG by coincidence at this point. A ~35% hit is basically an 80% hit for the enemy and the opposite isn't that bad, I've missed a shit ton of ~80% + hits as well. Literally just lost a chapter because 3 different 30% hits connected on Roy. There's no f***ing way.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
For you guys that are into classic rock, I've gotten into a new band called Greta Van Fleet that I just can't get over. Has to be the first time in decades I've liked a band so much.

They sound like the reincarnation of Led Zeppelin, and every song on their album is amazing. I can just picture Robert Plant singing. Then, I looked them up on Youtube The singer looks like a skinny 16 year old. I thought it was a joke, and some kid lip-syncing to the songs. It's hillarous.

Anyway, I figured I'd mention it for some of you guys to check out.

Reactions: Darkauron

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
For you guys that are into classic rock, I've gotten into a new band called Greta Van Fleet that I just can't get over. Has to be the first time in decades I've liked a band so much.

They sound like the reincarnation of Led Zeppelin, and every song on their album is amazing. I can just picture Robert Plant singing. Then, I looked them up on Youtube The singer looks like a skinny 16 year old. I thought it was a joke, and some kid lip-syncing to the songs. It's hillarous.

Yeah I had the same reaction when someone posted a video of them, got into them too a few months back. I couldn't believe that voice came out of that little kid lol. They're all brothers except for the drummer, pretty talented kids and humble for now. I think they sound better live, much more powerful, check out those three videos of songs Live in the Sound Lounge on youtube.

They're gaining a huge following of old people like me haha and young too who haven't actually heard that style of music being created these days. It's good to see young kids get into music played on actual instruments. There are a lot of butt hurt people who think they're a Zep rip off but I don't care, I like the sound and if the kid didn't sound like Plant no one would care. Zepplin made a career of ripping people off anyway and at least these kids songs are all their own. They can sound a bit like Geddy Lee and Rush also on some tunes. I think as they get older and mature they'll find more of their own sound.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Yeah I had the same reaction when someone posted a video of them, got into them too a few months back. I couldn't believe that voice came out of that little kid lol. They're all brothers except for the drummer, pretty talented kids and humble for now. I think they sound better live, much more powerful, check out those three videos of songs Live in the Sound Lounge on youtube.

They're gaining a huge following of old people like me haha and young too who haven't actually heard that style of music being created these days. It's good to see young kids get into music played on actual instruments. There are a lot of butt hurt people who think they're a Zep rip off but I don't care, I like the sound and if the kid didn't sound like Plant no one would care. Zepplin made a career of ripping people off anyway and at least these kids songs are all their own. They can sound a bit like Geddy Lee and Rush also on some tunes. I think as they get older and mature they'll find more of their own sound.
The biggest thing for me is that a young band that plays that kind of music can actually get signed. I thought the record companies only signed hip-hop and pop bands nowadays.

My only problem is I can't get them out of my head. I swear from the moment I wake up to the time I go to sleep one of their songs is in my head. They're like all ear worms.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey

Holy f***ing shit. They sound so eerily similar to Zep WOW.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
If you told me that these were newly found Led Zeppelin songs and not some young kids...I would almost not blink an eye. Insane.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
If you told me that these were newly found Led Zeppelin songs and not some young kids...I would almost not blink an eye. Insane.
Ya... first time I heard them on the radio I thought it was some lost tapes of Zep.

Now I'm scrambling trying to find tickets to see them at the Starland for a reasonable price. something like 130 on stubhub for 40 dollar tix. No thanks.

Reactions: Darkauron

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Just got back from Ready Player One. I enjoyed it, just don't expect the book....they're not alike much.

I listened to the audio book and when I saw the trailer it didn't look like anything I expected. I'll still see it eventually when I can watch from home.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
So Toonami aired FLCL Alternative last night. It was ok. I didn't really care for FLCL when yonger so it could of been amazing?

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
So Toonami aired FLCL Alternative last night. It was ok. I didn't really care for FLCL when yonger so it could of been amazing?
FLCL's easily my favorite of all time. I'll have to check out the new version.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
In my opinion, FLCL is the most polarizing anime in history. People tend to either love it or hate it. I'm firmly in the "Love it" camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->