OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) II :Use Spoiler Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Is it worth it to start watching The Walking Dead again?

I got bored last season. The entire show is everyone walking around... then they find a new camp and wonder if the people are good or not. Turns out they aren't good. Every. Time. Then they have to fight their way out and leave us at stupid cliffhangers. Then start all over.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

I got bored last season. The entire show is everyone walking around... then they find a new camp and wonder if the people are good or not. Turns out they aren't good. Every. Time. Then they have to fight their way out and leave us at stupid cliffhangers. Then start all over.

Yes, because Negan is pure comedic gold.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Well, that's pretty much what's happening again. Negan is at least more entertaining than most of the group's previous enemies.

Personally, I think I'm about done with the show. I didn't even watch it this week, and I might not even bother. Of course I feel like I say that every season and then they pull me back in.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Westworld is going to clean up all the awards.

Truly a mindbender. Way better than I expected it to be and the delicious reveal of other worlds in the finale means it has no end for source material with different worlds to open up new storylines.

Can't wait for season 2.

Jeffrey Wright steals so many scenes. Hopkins will get all the recognition and he was superb but Wright and his dilemma really was great acting on top of great writing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Westworld is going to clean up all the awards.

Truly a mindbender. Way better than I expected it to be and the delicious reveal of other worlds in the finale means it has no end for source material with different worlds to open up new storylines.

Can't wait for season 2.

Jeffrey Wright steals so many scenes. Hopkins will get all the recognition and he was superb but Wright and his dilemma really was great acting on top of great writing.

Evan Rachel Wood already has the Emmy wrapped up. I hope one of Wright or Hopkins is nominated for Supporting Actor so they both can win.

You are right the show is going to absolutely clean house at the Emmys. What a fantastic finale.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I stopped watching a couple episodes in, but I might have to go back and binge it now that the season is over.

If I can drag myself away from Skyrim anyway. I forgot how addictive that game is. I think I've played it more the second time around than I did the first. And my goal of building a different character this time failed. I still ended up being the dual wielding Daedric armor wearing ******* that just goes wading into every fight.:laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I thought last season was one of the best seasons, maybe between last season and season 3. This season has been the slowest since the first half of the season 4. Season 4's first half was incredibly weak, with the illness and all that. The mid season finale where the governor attacks was the best of the series IMO, too much filler early on though. And this season has been nothing but filler since the second episode.

BUT! I will say that last night's episode was the best since the season premiere.
Well, that's pretty much what's happening again. Negan is at least more entertaining than most of the group's previous enemies.

Personally, I think I'm about done with the show. I didn't even watch it this week, and I might not even bother. Of course I feel like I say that every season and then they pull me back in.
Like I said, last night's episode was the best since the premiere. Now the episode before that was a complete dud. It wasn't as bad as the stupid episode from season 4 with nothing but Darryl and Beth, where they teased some blossoming romance that never happened. But it wasn't very good.

This half hasn't been terrible, but it's been low quality and too slow. Too many filler episodes. And another problem is we've literally seen some of the main characters in only one or two episodes this entire half. And just guessing but I could be wrong, it doesn't seem like we're gonna see the hilltop or the kingdom until next half. Outside of the premiere, Maggie and Sasha have been in one episode. Frickin Carrol and Morgan have been in one episode all half. And no cliffhanger's for the mid season finale. We already have enough cliffhanger's with many characters living all over the place and probably not even knowing if some of the others are even alive.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
I stopped watching a couple episodes in, but I might have to go back and binge it now that the season is over.

If I can drag myself away from Skyrim anyway. I forgot how addictive that game is. I think I've played it more the second time around than I did the first. And my goal of building a different character this time failed. I still ended up being the dual wielding Daedric armor wearing ******* that just goes wading into every fight.:laugh:

It really picked up at episode 4 with some "whoah" moments and then kept picking up speed.

I think they wanted to go slow at the start because the complexity of the plot line really gets tangled and if you don't have the basics down, you end up re-watching to understand the wtf moments better.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

There are much better shows to spend your time on.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm hoping Dwight's character dies a slow agonizing death. If they're trying to make us feel sorry for him and provide sympathy, it's not working. He's shown nothing to make me question his loyalty to Negan. Other than Negan making cracks about scrogging his wife and making out with her in front him, why are we supposed to feel sorry for him? The only thing he's done to make us question his loyalty to Negan was shooting that guy in the back and putting him out of his misery, so that he wouldn't have to return to the sanctuary. Aside from the stuff that happened last season, before he stole Darryl's bike and took off.

The perfect kill scene for Dwight would be Darryl taking Lucille to him a couple times and taking an even longer break than Negan took before finishing Glenn, all the while making jokes about how gross his face looks with his eyeball hanging out, on top of his already burnt face.

Dwight might be my least favorite character since Lori. I don't think it's his fault, but he wouldn't be quite as bad if the writers weren't trying to make us believe that he's this tortured soul and under oppression from Negan.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I think Game of Thrones has me spoiled. Nothing comes close to how masterful that show is.

Westworld was great... I have no idea how they will come up with a second season after the events of the finale.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
I think Game of Thrones has me spoiled. Nothing comes close to how masterful that show is.

Westworld was great... I have no idea how they will come up with a second season after the events of the finale.

If you think about it season 1 was all about the first hour of the 70s movie. Now it will be about a 'battle' between the hosts and humanity which can be deadlocked for seasons if they want it to be. All the complexity of a newly self aware 'species' and the drama that come along with the newfound struggle for survival.

Slight spoiler talk;

My big question is whether Ford has followed in Bernard's footsteps and made a host version of himself that has his full consciousness and memories. If so - that's a formidable opponent and a deep well of material because we learned Arnold has hidden mods inside the base code of the hosts that keeps revealing themselves to even Ford's surprise.

Ford sure was busy at his other underground lab away from his office... and there was a fabrication machine always working away in those shots... ;)

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
A couple bullet points...

-Westworld had one of the legit best casting jobs I've ever seen. All this talk over the last few pages and Maeve, Teddy and the Man in Black were a very strong second tier.

-Walking Dead... I really just wish they would concentrate on the main group or at least not the random throw away characters getting whole episodes "to develop character". I don't watch this show to see Rick once every 3 episodes. Just screams of them trying to stretch things out. How about when you obviously have a great villain with a good actor attached (the Governor, Neagan) weave in their backstory with one off episodes or a few through the season.

- If Total Bella's is up for any type of women's award... I don't know what that award stands for then :laugh: Doesn't surprise me nowadays.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
-Walking Dead... I really just wish they would concentrate on the main group or at least not the random throw away characters getting whole episodes "to develop character". I don't watch this show to see Rick once every 3 episodes. Just screams of them trying to stretch things out. How about when you obviously have a great villain with a good actor attached (the Governor, Neagan) weave in their backstory with one off episodes or a few through the season.

It's indeed been a poor first half of The Walking Dead, after the brutal cliffhanger that we had to wait 6 months for and an extra week, since the season started a week later than it normally does. What was one more week?:shakehead

The premiere was good, but it's been mostly a let down. I actually enjoyed Fear The Walking Dead more this past season than most of the original show so far this season.

Too many scattered characters. Maggie and Sasha have been in two episodes all first half and it doesn't look like they're gonna be in the mid-season finale either. Morgan and Carol have only been in one episode all half, doesn't look like they'll be in the mid-season finale either.

That whole episode with Tara and that new group of women was kind of a waste, but I'm sure we'll see that group later on and it will make sense. I remember being annoyed when Woodbury and the governor were introduced in season 3 and got a whole episode and we didn't see any of the main group. I didn't know of the history of the comics and wasn't aware that he would be such a relevant character at the time that episode first aired. The most recent episode was good, but too much filler. Especially considering that most episodes have been extended at 75-90 minutes (including commercials) so far.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
God Walking Dead really does suck. Also a clinic for central casting, acting is overall really bad outside of Neagan.

Talking Dead has to be one of the biggest wastes of air time ever. What a piece of **** circle jerk.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
God Walking Dead really does suck. Also a clinic for central casting, acting is overall really bad outside of Neagan.

Talking Dead has to be one of the biggest wastes of air time ever. What a piece of **** circle jerk.

You didn't like that episode? I actually thought it wasn't bad. I'm curious to see if the Negan storyline will be over at the end of the season or if it will not end until the end of season 8. It seems like it would be really short if it were to end with this season, especially with all the filler episodes in the first half of this season. And unlike the governor story arc ending during the mid season finale of season 4, I don't see it ending during the mid season finale of season 8.

That said, too much filler this first half. That extended episode with Tara, too much filler in that episode. I'd be happy with getting a Negan flashback episode, where we can see what he was like before the apocalypse began. I can actually see that happening next half, if indeed the Negan storyline won't be ending at the end of season 7 and will carry over into season 8. It would be the perfect ''Filler'' type of episode, though it would have some purpose. I still wanna see a flashback of Dwight getting the iron and seeing if he pissed himself too.:laugh:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I threw in the towel on TWD after the Tara episode. The season premiere gave me hope, but then the show fell into it's usual pattern of ****** writing and pacing and I realized it's just not going to change. My interest in the show has been dropping since the dumpster ******** with Glenn, and it's really just not worth it to me anymore. There are far better shows to spend my time watching.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I threw in the towel on TWD after the Tara episode. The season premiere gave me hope, but then the show fell into it's usual pattern of ****** writing and pacing and I realized it's just not going to change. My interest in the show has been dropping since the dumpster ******** with Glenn, and it's really just not worth it to me anymore. There are far better shows to spend my time watching.

The last two episodes since the Tara episode were easily the best since the premiere. That Tara episode was mostly useless. I'm thinking that group of females are going to be brought back in and used for all out war with the saviors, so it probably wasn't completely useless. And enough with these loose ends and unknown fates, like with Heath. Is this another fake out death or something? What happened to him in that episode?

They love doing this stuff. It's just like Fear The Walking Dead. Reuben Blades character has been missing for half a season, he appeared to be dead but supposedly was confirmed to be coming back and not dead. He was my favorite character on that show until his supposed fake out death but I don't really think I wanna see him again after how long he's been gone for. It will be almost a calendar year in real time before he's brought back. All these fake deaths started with the Glenn dumpster crap last season.

I actually thought the last season of Fear was better than the first half of the season for the original series.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Just watched the mid season finale and I liked it a lot. Finally an episode focusing on characters ppl give a crap about and there still wasn't enough time to get to everything. I'm not expecting Game of Thrones style acting or writing but they really need to quit not showing the main group every episodes.

JDM (Negean) has already confirmed that he is in next season (strange to give that away). Comic fans may wonder if that still means a large change for his characters role in the show.

Loved the ending and the embrace by 2 main characters was heartwarming and very telling of how much they've been through this season. The rest of the season will be crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->