Consecutive Games with at least a point

Status
Not open for further replies.

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
Noticed that Heatley has scored at least a point in each of the Sens' first 16 games.

What is the NHL record for most consecutive games with at least a point? Does it come anywhere near DiMaggio's 56-game hit streak in baseball?

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Gretzky with 51 in 83-84, then Lemieux with 46 in 89-90.

Gretzky missed about a week with a shoulder injury after his first game without a point, Lemieux only played about 5 minutes in his first game without a point because of a back problem. Gretzky also had 153 points during his streak.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Yeah Heatley has a ways to go for that one. Before Gretzky I believe it was Lafleur who had the record if I remember correctly it was somewhere in the 30s.

Mario would have been the best bet I think to have ever broken that record. Too bad for injuries. Today I would put Heatley as one of the top players that could come close to breaking it. The reason isnt just his dominant offense but he never seems to have a bad game much like Lafleur never did. Crosby would be another one that I think would have a shot.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think Mats Sundin is third with 30 consecutive games. Heatley's still a long ways away.

chooch*

Big Phil said:
Yeah Heatley has a ways to go for that one. Before Gretzky I believe it was Lafleur who had the record if I remember correctly it was somewhere in the 30s.

Mario would have been the best bet I think to have ever broken that record. Too bad for injuries. Today I would put Heatley as one of the top players that could come close to breaking it. The reason isnt just his dominant offense but he never seems to have a bad game much like Lafleur never did. Crosby would be another one that I think would have a shot.

Good memory. Guy had a 28 game streak breaking the record of Bronco Horvath by scoring on Mio of the Blues.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
chooch said:
Good memory. Guy had a 28 game streak breaking the record of Bronco Horvath by scoring on Mio of the Blues.

I`m pretty sure the goalie was Eddie Johnston. It`s surprising that out of all the top stars before that, Bronco Horvath was the one with the record.

How long did Lafleur`s streak go? I think the 28 games ran right to the end of the season if I`m not mistaken. How many games did he go at the start of the next season?

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
During last 10 seasons (lockout shortened 1995->2004) Adam Oates has best with 20 games during 1996-97 season.

Lindros has 18, Selänne 17 as has Lindros in another streak. 16 has been achieved by Yzerman, M.Lemieux, Iginla, Jagr, Tanguay and Lang.

Note: these are only for one season, so if player has points in last 8 games of the season and then points in the first 8 games in the following season it doesn't count.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
chooch said:

To quote your own words, chaunch:

sure sure, buckminster - youre not bright enough to see through the Toegretz veneer. you know nothing about the Habs legends nor do you show any respect for them.

It would seem that thine own knowledge and respect of habs legends is that of a pretender, chaunchie. Since Eddie Mio never played for the BLues, I must infer that you are just another naif making things up. Your menory of the viagara pitchman bearing down on the hapless Mio and his Blues mates must be an entire fabrication . Your once impeccable HF credibility has suddenly lost some of its lustre. :propeller :dunce: :propeller :propeller

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Doomsday Device said:
Gretzky's 51 game streak was also from the start of the season, so either way Dany is unlikely to break it.

That's what I thought as well, though the announcer on Sportsnet last night said that the record from the start of the season was Gretzky with 23 in his first season with the Kings. I think he was mistaken...

Higgy4

Jan 18, 2004
Toledo, Ohio
Masao Kishin said:
Gretzky with 51 in 83-84, then Lemieux with 46 in 89-90.

Gretzky missed about a week with a shoulder injury after his first game without a point, Lemieux only played about 5 minutes in his first game without a point because of a back problem. Gretzky also had 153 points during his streak.

Thats just sick. :eek:

revolverjgw

Oct 6, 2003
Nova Scotia
That's what I thought as well, though the announcer on Sportsnet last night said that the record from the start of the season was Gretzky with 23 in his first season with the Kings. I think he was mistaken...

I think the announcer was citing the ''longest point streak to start a stint with a new team'' record. A weird one.

chooch*

reckoning said:
I`m pretty sure the goalie was Eddie Johnston. It`s surprising that out of all the top stars before that, Bronco Horvath was the one with the record.

How long did Lafleur`s streak go? I think the 28 games ran right to the end of the season if I`m not mistaken. How many games did he go at the start of the next season?

Of course it was Johnston. Lafleur, suffering from the effects of a bad flu, was held off the scoresheet all game and the tension mounted in the Forum. But after Bowman exhorted the team during the second intermission that this was a very important longstanding record, #10 scored late in the third period, bursting through the defence to score on the right side.

The game was stopped for a long standing ovation during which Clarence Campbell came down from his seat to congratulate Guy.

This was game 23 of the streak breaking the mark that Horvath set in 1959-60.

KariyaIsGod*

chooch said:
Of course it was Johnston. Lafleur, suffering from the effects of a bad flu, was held off the scoresheet all game and the tension mounted in the Forum. But after Bowman exhorted the team during the second intermission that this was a very important longstanding record, #10 scored late in the third period, bursting through the defence to score on the right side.

The game was stopped for a long standing ovation during which Clarence Campbell came down from his seat to congratulate Guy.

This was game 23 of the streak breaking the mark that Horvath set in 1959-60.

Wow, so Guy did play in the third period despite your claims?

And well, call me crazy but, that sounds like he was whooping it up too...

chooch*

DrMoses said:
Wow, so Guy did play in the third period despite your claims?

And well, call me crazy but, that sounds like he was whooping it up too...

I suggest you take supplemental reading in the summer - I said he almost never played in the 3rd period of blowouts. In a Habs blowout in the late seventies you'd be lucky to see him for 2-3 shifts in the third. Same with Shutt.

Oh by the way - he didnt raise his stick when he scored on Johnston - and he certainly didnt jump into a defencemans arms or pee either when the Habs bench emptied to congratulate him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
chooch said:
I suggest you take supplemental reading in the summer - I said he almost never played in the 3rd period of blowouts. In a Habs blowout in the late seventies you'd be lucky to see him for 2-3 shifts in the third. Same with Shutt.

Oh by the way - he didnt raise his stick when he scored on Johnston - and he certainly didnt jump into a defencemans arms or pee either when the Habs bench emptied to congratulate him.

I'm sure he was in a hurry to get back to the bench where Toe Bowman had already lit him a smoke and poured him a shot of London Dock, eh chaunch? Or, being as it was the third period , perhaps a viagara was in order :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->