OT: Connor nominated for the Lindsay

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
We would have made Buffalo look like a Stanley Cup contender without McDavid. It’s a pretty easy concept to understand what an award for best player in the league is and who it should go to. You’ll figure it out, I’m sure.
You asked how Hall elevated his team, and I answered you. I didn’t say Hall was the best player in the league. Conduct yourself with a little more maturity.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
You asked how Hall elevated his team, and I answered you. I didn’t say Hall was the best player in the league. Conduct yourself with a little more maturity.
Do as you say but not as you do, mate? Don’t condescend me with the original statement about it not being a difficult concept and then put a question in my mouth to which you laugh at.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Do as you say but not as you do, mate? Don’t condescend me with the original statement about it not being a difficult concept and then put a question in my mouth to which you laugh at.
I’m trying to understand how it is that you think that Hall didn’t elevate his team. Clearly he pushed his team into the playoffs, a comparison to 2017-18 McDavid is pointless. The only other comparison is a MacKinnon or Kucherov, who had far more support. If you agree that Hall elevated his team more than those two did, great. Words removed from your mouth. BUT...Do you have anything to support your assertion that Hall didn’t elevate his team? Is he supposed to score points for his teammates? Hell, McDavid couldn’t raise Eberle’s, Hall’s, Lucic’s point totals. But he still elevated his team’s fortunes. Do you understand?

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Media shouldn't be voting for any award. Players voting or GM's voting should be the criteria for every award. Media voting is how you end up with Landeskog beating RNH for the Calder.

Or Huberdeau over Yakupov (More goals for Yaks but same points) or Panarin over McDavid (Panarin had more points but McDavid was over a PPG).

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Or Huberdeau over Yakupov (More goals for Yaks but same points) or Panarin over McDavid (Panarin had more points but McDavid was over a PPG).

Mcdavid was clearly the best rookie but playing 45 games isn’t enough. The only way we was winning it with so few games played is if he hit 70 points. Yakupov not making the top 3 was another black mark for the writers.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Mcdavid was clearly the best rookie but playing 45 games isn’t enough. The only way we was winning it with so few games played is if he hit 70 points. Yakupov not making the top 3 was another black mark for the writers.

Except for when landeskog won with 45 games played over RNH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->