Connor Murphy

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
A few games back would be the Wild game (which I get the Wild broadcast) so it is rather hard to listen to something that is not available but fair enough it was reported by Konroyd. Hence why I asked. Don't get so defensive when someone asks you for a source, it makes it look like you are just lying.

You claimed he was quicker but the quickness you are claiming is different that what is happening. You think you are seeing something and when I explain why it is looks that way and is that way you come with this deflection and Mr. Expert BS. Maybe if you just read what people wrote and actually gave that a chacnce you could learn something more in depth that "errr I think he is quicker", people are going to know more that you on certain topics in life. He is quicker laterally because he is using a technique that is much more efficient and not because he is more athletic.

How about you and I have a logical and not childish conversation for once? Sticking to hockey would be a start and so would not trying to make childish pot shots. It seems to work for everyone else here, hell I even get along with BWC at times. If not just let me know and I can just press the bye bye button and talk hockey with everyone else.

Funny how you are playing the victim now as if you don't participate in the exact thing that you call childish, calling me clueless, idiot, etc. in pretty much every post but when I call you mr expert well Mr. Expert gets all sensitivehb on us lol. Anyway if you think that Crawford changed his style completely after 10 years of using the same style I just can't help you there, goalies which have used a certain style for years and years just don't magically change their style within a summer, what you are seeing is him being quicker and lighter and hence being able to ingegrate these little things such as shuffling on the ice when he is already down.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Funny how you are playing the victim now as if you don't participate in the exact thing that you call childish, calling me clueless, idiot, etc. in pretty much every post but when I call you mr expert well Mr. Expert gets all sensitivehb on us lol. Anyway if you think that Crawford changed his style completely after 10 years of using the same style I just can't help you there, goalies which have used a certain style for years and years just don't magically change their style within a summer, what you are seeing is him being quicker and lighter and hence being able to ingegrate these little things such as shuffling on the ice when he is already down.

You and I implies both of us. No victim playing here, just trying to get back to an adult conversation. Stop trying to make to more than that because it isn’t. I could careless what you call me to be honest, just trying to stop the worthless bs.

Where did I say he changed his style? No need to look because I didn’t. I am stating that he changed how he moves laterally once down. Many goalies have done this recently, another example would be Ryan Miller. His technique is the same solid one he has always used. Goalies have made changes like this since forever, another example Roy being much more traditional early in his career then changing to a more modern butterfly style. Crawford is not quicker of more athletic, you can tell with his reactions and his flexibility. Crow has never been anything better than an average athlete in net who is techniqually sound when his game is on (want to see and elite athlete in net? Watch Price or Quick). How he makes saves is the same as we have always had, no change there.

Again, are we done with the stupid childish shit or should I just block you because I am just here to talk hockey and Chicago at this point.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
You and I implies both of us. No victim playing here, just trying to get back to an adult conversation. Stop trying to make to more than that because it isn’t. I could careless what you call me to be honest, just trying to stop the worthless bs.

Where did I say he changed his style? No need to look because I didn’t. I am stating that he changed how he moves laterally once down. Many goalies have done this recently, another example would be Ryan Miller. His technique is the same solid one he has always used. Goalies have made changes like this since forever, another example Roy being much more traditional early in his career then changing to a more modern butterfly style. Crawford is not quicker of more athletic, you can tell with his reactions and his flexibility. Crow has never been anything better than an average athlete in net who is techniqually sound when his game is on (want to see and elite athlete in net? Watch Price or Quick). How he makes saves is the same as we have always had, no change there.

Again, are we done with the stupid childish **** or should I just block you because I am just here to talk hockey and Chicago at this point.

I never said he is as good as athletic as Price or Quick, all I said was he is "calmer", "quicker" and slightly more "athletic" than his previous self which is very possible with weight loss as you have less weight to carry around, also I am telling you what apparently came out of his mouth according to an insider, and from what I see so far this season, to me this is the best I have seen Crow play, we might disagree on that and thats fine.

In regards to the "Childish" stuff, whenever I say anything people jump in with their childish memes and all that stuff and you expect me not to be a sarcastic *** hole and play the same stupid games? Its as if you have to be positive about everything and everyone or people will get all annoyed and start their childish tactics. If you want to see who started this all then go back and see how you started as this was your post of me replying to a post of mine that had nothing to do with you and I was simply stating that Murphy's reason for sucking is not due to him needing to learn the system :

"Do you even know the system? I wouldn't expect you to and looks like my expectations are correct. The Hawks coverage schemes are not the norm and are more complex due to how the team fronts certain situations and backs other situations. It takes a D man at least 20 games to start completely understand the system because of the differences from the normal defensive schemes, look at Oduya.

Honestly, you should try and actually watch the team and players before spouting off here because you might actually get more than 1 or 2 posts right. Need an example? You trying to claim Crawford looks more athletic than last season pre-injury. Crawford before his injury last season was the best he had ever looked.

Anyone else think it is funny that Blackhawks doesn't talk in GDT or in general when the Hawks are winning?"

How much Childish garbage is in the above post and who really started it...

-Claiming I don't know what the system is again trying to say I am an idiot...
-You should try to watch the games and players instead of spouting off then talking about how wrong I am about Crawford being a little quicker this year(If I say he sucks I get attacked, if I say he is good I get attacked lol seriously)...
-Asking if anyone has seen me in the GDT when Hawks are winning implying I am not a real fan in other words and only glory in them losing, well I never post in the GDT EVER because I never watch the games live, I have Rogers Game Center live since I am in Canada so I don't see any spoilers here and I watch it like a couple hours late so I can forward through the intermissions and commercials and not kill 3 hours of my day.

Now you tell me who really started this childish stuff?

I am sure you are obviously gonna come up with excuses to your behaviour and I don't really expect any less...

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I never said he is as good as athletic as Price or Quick, all I said was he is "calmer", "quicker" and slightly more "athletic" than his previous self which is very possible with weight loss as you have less weight to carry around, also I am telling you what apparently came out of his mouth according to an insider, and from what I see so far this season, to me this is the best I have seen Crow play, we might disagree on that and thats fine.

I did not say that you claimed he was athletic as either of those two. They were references to elite athletic goalies. I clearly stated that. The weight loss part is interesting and I asked where you heard that? You responded with a smart ass remark when I was asking for the source, I get the defensiveness. Chris Hine wrote an article today about Crow and they talked about his offseason and there was no mention of him losing weight even though they we into his offseason training (more cardio and less heavy weight lifting). I then went on to explain the difference you are seeing in his game with how he changed how he moves laterally and then you claimed goalie don't change their technique which is factually incorrect and even gave you examples. Crow was even better last season at the start even though he has been great so far. He flexibility is worse and his reaction times are no faster. He is most likely wearing the new CCM chest protector which is much more form fitting to the body than the previous model (talking about the new EFlex Shield II). The shoulders are a lot more rounded and if you compare Crow's setup to last year you will see what I am talking about.

In regards to the "Childish" stuff.. (condensed for space, go back to Blackhawks post if you want to read it.

Do you want me to list all of the garbage you have said just like this in the past 3 years? Everyone in this situation is guilty of if (to be very clear I am talking about you and I (aka both)). Never denied that and have stated it multiple times. So for the last f***ing time, is this shit going to stop or should I just ignore you? Seems like a perfect time to start acting like adults.

Don't even try to cry wolf about people jumping on you because you are not a victim (just like I am not).

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
In regards to Murphy, at this point it is mostly a systems learning curve at this point. Unlike GF he has not made the bonehead goal causing errors. His shot suppression has not been great yet but he and Kempny have been give some dismal zone starts, 23.5%. Over the course of the seasons the numbers should even out and he should become positive corsi player. If you take a deep dive into his numbers, he actually has decent numbers when the game is tied or close. (He tends to make the overly safe play so far which limits him and his line but as he gets used the team and the systems this should go away.

Like I and other have said, the Hawks play a much different system that take D men much longer to adapt to. They fronts, backs, and overall coverages are different than the norm.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I did not say that you claimed he was athletic as either of those two. They were references to elite athletic goalies. I clearly stated that. The weight loss part is interesting and I asked where you heard that? You responded with a smart ass remark when I was asking for the source, I get the defensiveness. Chris Hine wrote an article today about Crow and they talked about his offseason and there was no mention of him losing weight even though they we into his offseason training (more cardio and less heavy weight lifting). I then went on to explain the difference you are seeing in his game with how he changed how he moves laterally and then you claimed goalie don't change their technique which is factually incorrect and even gave you examples. Crow was even better last season at the start even though he has been great so far. He flexibility is worse and his reaction times are no faster. He is most likely wearing the new CCM chest protector which is much more form fitting to the body than the previous model (talking about the new EFlex Shield II). The shoulders are a lot more rounded and if you compare Crow's setup to last year you will see what I am talking about.

Do you want me to list all of the garbage you have said just like this in the past 3 years? Everyone in this situation is guilty of if (to be very clear I am talking about you and I (aka both)). Never denied that and have stated it multiple times. So for the last ****ing time, is this **** going to stop or should I just ignore you? Seems like a perfect time to start acting like adults.

Don't even try to cry wolf about people jumping on you because you are not a victim (just like I am not).

Alright lets see I will cut the sarcasm when talking to you and will see who brings it to the surface again...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I now proclaim this the NEW:

Connor Murphy Appreciation thread ...
pVkGzTi.jpg

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
He’s really bad. I read the trade forum
not at all ..... i have not like the trade when it happen. since coming back injury, i swear. is this is the same Connor Murphy from last season?? he is 100 % better than last season.

good for him.

Last edited:

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Murphy has looked really good this season. I think Q being gone has helped (doghouse issues last season). He seems to fit JC’s style well.

Yeah, he's been solid (where solid means good). Definitely a big upgrade over the guys who were covering for him. Don't know if it's comfort level, coach and/or system, but he's settled in and playing much better than last season. Looks like a bona fide #4 to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Yeah, he's been solid (where solid means good). Definitely a big upgrade over the guys who were covering for him. Don't know if it's comfort level, coach and/or system, but he's settled in and playing much better than last season. Looks like a bona fide #4 to me.

I’d like to see Murphy remain a long term solution in the top-4.

We have a lot of smaller/lighter offensive-type defensemen coming up, and we’re going to need someone who is more of a stay-at-home type to balance them out.

In the near future I’m hoping our top-4 consists of Boqvist, Mitchell, Jokiharju, and Murphy. The crazy thing is these are all right-handed guys, so that’s pretty unusual. But we know Boqvist, Murphy, and maybe Mitchell (based on 30 seconds of college highlights I saw the other night) can play the left side.

I don’t know what that means for the long-term futures of the other guys, but defensemen have high trade value.

Keith-Seabrook is probably your third pair, unless Keith wants out or Seabrook gets hit with a compliance buyout.

Reactions: bwana63

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I’d like to see Murphy remain a long term solution in the top-4.

We have a lot of smaller/lighter offensive-type defensemen coming up, and we’re going to need someone who is more of a stay-at-home type to balance them out.

In the near future I’m hoping our top-4 consists of Boqvist, Mitchell, Jokiharju, and Murphy. The crazy thing is these are all right-handed guys, so that’s pretty unusual. But we know Boqvist, Murphy, and maybe Mitchell (based on 30 seconds of college highlights I saw the other night) can play the left side.

I don’t know what that means for the long-term futures of the other guys, but defensemen have high trade value.

Keith-Seabrook is probably your third pair, unless Keith wants out or Seabrook gets hit with a compliance buyout.

Just a gut feeling here, but I think very few defensemen in the NHL play their off side. Seems to be quite uncommon, to me. I can only think of a handful.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Just a gut feeling here, but I think very few defensemen in the NHL play their off side. Seems to be quite uncommon, to me. I can only think of a handful.

Ya, it’s uncommon. That’s why I said it would be really unusual to have four right-handers in the the top-4.

But Boqvist plays his left side because it suits his offensive style, and we’ve already seen Murphy do it successfully in the NHL as a defensive-minded D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->