Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part VI: Hart, Ross and Lindsay Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Crosby is starting to heat up also. I think by the time the season is over the top 10 will mostly be the same consistent players from the past few seasons.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I' llaughing at Tim. And Sid.

They are talking about how other oilers have to wake up. Haven' they? Lol

Reactions: snipes

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I' llaughing at Tim. And Sid.

They are talking about how other oilers have to wake up. Haven' they? Lol
They've looked a bit better, but they're still not winning consistently. They need a 6-8 winning streak to even get back into the picture. They've yet to win 3 in a row this year.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
We are extremely fortunte to have players of mcdavids calibre and above to wear/wore our colours. Many people only dream to have a McDavid play and watch them grow into an old fart on their favourite team their entire lifetime.

So proud to be an Oilers fan.

Agreed!! McDavid is next level god mode shit. He makes superstars look like bantam players on some nights ffs...

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Really like what I've seen from McDavid the last couple games, but especially his linemates. Lucic looks the best he's been in an Oilers uniform and Puljujarvi is really developing well. Hopefully that line continues to click, they have a little bit of everything.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
We are extremely fortunte to have players of mcdavids calibre and above to wear/wore our colours. Many people only dream to have a McDavid play and watch them grow into an old fart on their favourite team their entire lifetime.

So proud to be an Oilers fan.

I was privileged to watch the Gretzky magic, and the Oilers in the 80's.. Now I get to see a new superstar emerge..
Gretzky was gifted with the ability to decide to shoot or pass, in a split second.
Conner seems to have the mindset, pass first, if all else fails, shoot...
Once he gets more confidence in his shooting abilities, he will be tearing up the record books..

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I was privileged to watch the Gretzky magic, and the Oilers in the 80's.. Now I get to see a new superstar emerge..
Gretzky was gifted with the ability to decide to shoot or pass, in a split second.
Conner seems to have the mindset, pass first, if all else fails, shoot...
Once he gets more confidence in his shooting abilities, he will be tearing up the record books..
When my dad came to Canada during papa Trudeaus time my dad moved here from Toronto, he and his friends got to party with them at this one club I forgot, has pics that he Cherishs for life lol.

I became a fan in grade 8, I went to the pronger signing celebration at the Oilers HQ by Kingsway. Got to meet laraque as well. Watched the whole season, every minute of it and naively thought we would make the finals every year, told my dad it would be ok and yea. Lol

Sorry for the rant lol.

Here I am and almost all of you guys 10 years later and still here strong almost never missing games win or lose. We have another king of hockey playing with the Oilers crest proudly. Like you guys getting to watch Gretzky and co in their prime and winning cups, usd younger people can almost enjoy the ride too. Hopefully more cups to come after more of a roller coaster ride to make everything worth it.

Now imagine being a Canucks/ leafs fan? :skull:

Sorry for the wall of text guys.

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013
You guys remember how McDavid lost 5-10 pounds from the flu?

According to McLellan
, this was after he was already sick with something else that was actually worse on him.

He's matched his pace from last season while he was probably sick enough that he should have missed a few games. He's going to go wild now that he's healthy - I expect multi-point games will become the regular for him from now on.

Reactions: oilers'72

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
They've looked a bit better, but they're still not winning consistently. They need a 6-8 winning streak to even get back into the picture. They've yet to win 3 in a row this year.

Yup. We need to play at a 108 point pace the rest of the year to finish with 95 points and likely squeak into the playoffs. We need, at minimum, a 5 game winning streak. Even if we went on a 5 game winning streak starting with the Columbus win, that would mean we'd have 36 points after 35 games. At that point we would STILL need to play the rest of the year (game 36 through 82) at a 103 point pace to finish with 95 points.

The hill we have to climb is essentially unimaginable, and we'd have to play at a pace (108 points) for the rest of the season that only 4 teams were able to play at last year. It's not happening folks. We basically have to become the best team in the league for the next 51 games, and even then we might not make it.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Really like what I've seen from McDavid the last couple games, but especially his linemates. Lucic looks the best he's been in an Oilers uniform and Puljujarvi is really developing well. Hopefully that line continues to click, they have a little bit of everything.

He is benefiting from less icetime with Gryba. Honestly, Todd is such a fool to anchor the best player in the league with our third pairing so often.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He is benefiting from less icetime with Gryba. Honestly, Todd is such a fool to anchor the best player in the league with our third pairing so often.
I wonder how often other star players are saddled with 3rd pairing's just to shelter them, cause that is the only reason to have the 3rd pair with McDavid, and for the most part it works with sheltering them, but we could generate alot more offense if it wasnt gryba trying to make passes to McDavid.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yup. We need to play at a 108 point pace the rest of the year to finish with 95 points and likely squeak into the playoffs. We need, at minimum, a 5 game winning streak. Even if we went on a 5 game winning streak starting with the Columbus win, that would mean we'd have 36 points after 35 games. At that point we would STILL need to play the rest of the year (game 36 through 82) at a 103 point pace to finish with 95 points.

The hill we have to climb is essentially unimaginable, and we'd have to play at a pace (108 points) for the rest of the season that only 4 teams were able to play at last year. It's not happening folks. We basically have to become the best team in the league for the next 51 games, and even then we might not make it.
The Oilers played at an over 110 point pace in the back half of last season. Its a tough road to climb, but not impossible.

Reactions: Oilhawks

wokwithme

Dec 8, 2017
You guys remember how McDavid lost 5-10 pounds from the flu?

According to McLellan
, this was after he was already sick with something else that was actually worse on him.

He's matched his pace from last season while he was probably sick enough that he should have missed a few games. He's going to go wild now that he's healthy - I expect multi-point games will become the regular for him from now on.

He had the first flu then got strep...then when he had almost recovered from that he got the flu again. Getting strep can lead to all kinds of other stuff so i am not surprised he got the flu again during that. apparently they had misdiagnosed the strep thinking it was just part of the first flu bug so it got worse than if it had been detected early on.

wokwithme

Dec 8, 2017
I wonder how often other star players are saddled with 3rd pairing's just to shelter them, cause that is the only reason to have the 3rd pair with McDavid, and for the most part it works with sheltering them, but we could generate alot more offense if it wasnt gryba trying to make passes to McDavid.

I imagine things have changed alot with Davey back in the fold. Frankly i dont understand the delay in putting him back in the lineup. Davey at 5/6D is actually very solid and plays both sides. Then hopefully we also have LLarsson coming back soon - who i feel was our MVP not named McD last season.
Larsson was the player last year that started making opposing star players make quicker decisions and feel pressure last year. he is also, i feel, a perfect mentor for Nurse. I remember him having a hilight hit on a star player every game for the first 8 to 10 games and after that teams best players started being wary when AL was on the ice. A guy that can do that and just play sound defense and make a good pass...
I shake my head every time i see an oilers fan propose trading him away (nevermind his barely over 4M cap hit till 2378)

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
I imagine things have changed alot with Davey back in the fold. Frankly i dont understand the delay in putting him back in the lineup. Davey at 5/6D is actually very solid and plays both sides. Then hopefully we also have LLarsson coming back soon - who i feel was our MVP not named McD last season.
Larsson was the player last year that started making opposing star players make quicker decisions and feel pressure last year. he is also, i feel, a perfect mentor for Nurse. I remember him having a hilight hit on a star player every game for the first 8 to 10 games and after that teams best players started being wary when AL was on the ice. A guy that can do that and just play sound defense and make a good pass...
I shake my head every time i see an oilers fan propose trading him away (nevermind his barely over 4M cap hit till 2378)

That's one long contract...361 years...

middletoe

Why am I me?
Nov 5, 2008
Northern Ontario
I saw an Edmonton 5-on-3 the other day against Toronto or Calgary. Mc David was standing still. That’s not what he’s does best. He should be digging in his skates and driving the play, especially considering the penalty killers have so little momentum in their favour. He could do a lot of damage if he wound up and picked the right spots.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Not to go all stats on everyone, but McDavid and Tavares are doing phenomenally well 5 on 5. If the PP ever does anything, he's going to surge past the league leaders and could end up with a margin similar to last season ahead in scoring by the end of the year (recognizing the points/game were close with Crosby).

Kucherov has 17 PP points.
Stamkos has 20 PP points.

I'm going to call the miracle now, largely based on McDavid's play and Talbot's historical play. McDavid (if healthy) will drag this team to the playoffs.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
You can really tell that McDavid was definitely battling something serious, because the last few games he has been unbelievable, just like at the start of the season. Now that he's healthy again it does look like his skating is even more powerful than last year. Can't wait to see how he can perform for the rest of the season now.

Reactions: McNuge

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Kid's a beast, he's had like 5 different infections in his throat area alone.

When you're pulling tail on the road like he does it doesn't surprise me one bit. He is gnetically gifted physically so I imagine his immunity is now stronger and he's going to be healthy going forward.

Maybe ol Conner has a superstition that he's got to score as much as he scores lol!

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
He still looks really bad. I gather he still has mono?

Gotta agree. One great game, one good, and then a bad one. His season, despite his points, just isn't on the same level as last year... still awesome of course just not as good as last year. He looks like he is missing Leons help with his center duties.

I thought McDavid was one of our worst players tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->