Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part III | UPD: Will Play Tuesday!!!!!

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Jc1Htpa.gif

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
If or when the Oilers don't make the playoffs, I wonder if they let him play in the World Championships?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Most impressive thing about last night (aside from the total of 5 points of course) was that shot on his 2nd goal. That was a snipe, and what I was talking about a few pages back. Once he starts using that shot more often, even more opportunities will present itself as teams wont be able to play the pass as much on the PP with him.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
McDavid didnt take 3 games to get a grasp on the NHL, he took 3 games to understand the NHL, figure it out, and learn how to dominate. Ever since hes taken over games

I feel a sci-fi movie could be made about him, since I think hes half robot. He became self aware and uncontrollable

And I totally agree on the shot. I hoped he would start using it more from longer ranges so he doesnt have to rely on passing or trying to deke his way to the net (which he does really well). This just adds another tool in his kit. Hopefully he gains confidence after that snipe and uses it more. Especially on the PP from half boards

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
I can't believe how good he is. Did not expect him to be this good this fast. Can he possibly get better?? It's unthinkable.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I can't believe how good he is. Did not expect him to be this good this fast. Can he possibly get better?? It's unthinkable.

I think he can get alot better actually. As he gets older hell get stronger and will start to dominate board play and get that ability to drive to the net while shielding the puck, sort of like LD does. Hell also get better at NZ play and learning how to carve up the neutral zone better. Not to metnion him using his shot more off the rush like OV does

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
You betcha he can. I watched him for 4 years in Erie. He scored 2 goals last year against SSM from behind the goal line. You ain't seen nothin yet.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
You betcha he can. I watched him for 4 years in Erie. He scored 2 goals last year against SSM from behind the goal line. You ain't seen nothin yet.

I remember one of the goals in the playoffs when he back hand banked it in off the goalie from the goal line. I remember thinking as that play was developing that I just knew he was going to score, even tho nobody else would have had a shot being double covered like that. And he did.

There was also a play where he was 1-2 vs Nurse and Denagelo I think and flicked it over them and beat them wide.

His tool kit is vast and hes probably only used a couple of his tricks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->