Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part III | UPD: Will Play Tuesday!!!!!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
this is what i have in my Google calendar: "2 month avatar bet with BBO. BBO thinks McDavid will score more than 16 goals this year if he plays 70 or more games." so you are off the hook either way, but yeah, i still might lose, lol

Thanks. Hopefully he just stays healthy whether he scores that many goals or just has a ton of assists :yo:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
wc7g5Vo.png

Amazing how he starts of both plays the exact same. In his injury, the D bit the fake to the middle and he went wide. In the goal, JJ didnt bite and played him wide, allowing him to go the middle. Almost exact same start

oilz89*

wc7g5Vo.png

Amazing how he starts of both plays the exact same. In his injury, the D bit the fake to the middle and he went wide. In the goal, JJ didnt bite and played him wide, allowing him to go the middle. Almost exact same start

LOL the defensemen are standing at literally the same position

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
LOL the defensemen are standing at literally the same position

Forward is almost in same spot too. 2 seconds later Columbus forward drifts in to exact same spot. You can tell D are really studying McDavid because JJ didnt bite for one second on the inside move. He gave McDavid a clear path to the middle and shut off the outside line completely. However McDavid just went inside anyway and burned them

This is actually kind of a dangerous play tho, even for McDavid. A bold enough D could have launched at him and he was semi defenseless with JJ shutting off one avenue to the side. I would hesitate to ever compare him to Lindros's reckless in going thru the middle, he has his head up whole time. But sometimes if you are in a bad position, even the most aware guys can get hit

Pause the vid above at the time he dekes to the middle. JJ doesnt even budge

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
wc7g5Vo.png

Yeah, that was pointed out after the game. It really is uncanny though when you look at both plays though more closely though. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad