Connor James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jori

Connor has had an up and down year, but he is still the most dangerous forward for the Pioneers. Gabe Gauthier is going to have to continue his strong play. Fortunately DU has also had strong contributions from the blue line. Obviously puts some more pressure on Adam Berkhoel who has been nothing short of outstanding these past few weeks during DU's unbeaten streak. Get well soon Connor...I hope the boys can get it done for you!

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Jori.....as a Sharks fan here, I was wondering your opinions on Carle. As you mentioned, DU has great offense from the blueline and he actually leads them in scoring in conference play and probably would be leading them for the year if he hadn't got hurt and played in the WJC. How is his defensive zone play?

Thanks

Jori

Carle has been very impressive this year, particularly the last month. I wasn't sure how he would fare after returning from the WJCs (and of course his injuries), but he has been excellent along with Caldwell and Canucks prospect Skinner. Those players along with the goaltending of Adam Berkhoel have lead to this current hot streak by DU. That's why I think the Pioneers will be OK even with the loss of Connor James come tournament time.

I think San Jose has got something with this kid. He is very sharp defensively for a freshman. He uses his size well and is good in one one one situations. He has been much better offensively this year than I would have expected.

Lately in Denver it has been rare to see a freshman really step up, both defensively and offensively. I could easily say he has been one of the best defenseman in the WCHA this year and that's saying alot when you consider players like Keith Ballard and the defensive core they have in Wisconsin.

Caldwell is a senior next year, but I can see both Carle and Skinner being the two most important blue liners for the Pioneers next year.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Thanks....I am hoping that since he leads the conference in d-scoring, even though he is a freshman, he might make 1st team in the conference.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Wild GM said:
Thanks....I am hoping that since he leads the conference in d-scoring, even though he is a freshman, he might make 1st team in the conference.

Actually Carle co-leads all WCHA defensemen in scoring with Ballard with 19 points. Carle leads all WCHA Dmen in points per game with 0.95.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad