• Connor Brown

Votes: 38 36.9%
  • Sam Reinhart

Votes: 65 63.1%

• Total voters

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Went with Reinhart since he still has higher potential if he somehow hits it, but Brown's making it very close.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm actually surprised this poll is as close as it is. Even while "stagnating", Reinhart put up 11 more points in 3 less games last year while playing with worse linemates and a far worse team. Reinhart is also 2 years younger than Brown.

People like to rip on Reinhart for being a bust, but people forget he's only 21.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
My first instinct was to vote for Sam Reinhart but when I think about it both are very similar players. Smart, cerebral, skilled, playmaking wingers who play the game the right way. Connor Brown has an extra year of development under his belt.
Sam has put up more points in a single season, nearing almost 50 but he did so playing more minutes with time on the PP whereas Brown's points were primarily all at even strength.

Connor Brown - 1.63 P/60,
Even strength points - 29

Sam Reinhart - 2.07 P/60
Even strength points - 30

Close. Would be fun to see how Brown would respond in a top 6 role. Reinhart does have the ability to play C and I wonder if the Sabres see his as a C down the road.

I'll go with Brown for no other reason than tie goes to the player I like more.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Brown pretty easily, really not seeing an argument for Reinhart. Draft position means nothing at this point in their young careers. Brown's just better at everything.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Reinhart is better at pretty much everything (except he doesn't PK, and Brown is very good at PK) and is two years younger. This whole Reinhart "is a bust" thing is already getting old. It's really not his fault he's on one of the worst teams in the league (no offense Buffalo).

Love me some Connor Brown, but this shouldn't be close.

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
Leaf fan saying this is not particularly close. Reinhart is the better player in almost every regard, despite a bad 2 week stretch to start this season. Conor Brown wasn't even in the NHL when he was Reinhart's age.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Probably Reinhart.

But Brown's a very good player as well. Good enough to force his way up Toronto's stacked lineup.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Brown last season had 20 goals 16 assists 36 points in 82 games playing for one of the best offensive teams.
Reinhart had back to back season with 40+ points in 79 games playing for one of the worst offensive teams both years. Reinhart is younger.

I can't say Brown is better yet he might end up that way just not yet.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Still Samson but wow it's funny that we can ask this now. It's pretty close, and if Sammy keeps struggling I'll have to give it to Connor.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
I'd take Brown to be honest. Not a fan of Reinhart and never was. Brown is one of the hardest workers in the league and when he is in his prime he will be a fan favourite and hopefully still a Leaf.

Being 2 years older doesn't bother me that's good for Sam but means nothing. Some players take longer to develope Brown didn't get rushed and it's the reason he's doing so well now. A lot of players much better than Reinhart weren't even in the NHL at his age anyway so it really doesn't matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->