Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HughJass*

JacketFan said:
Great season and Championship run.

Can we have Ray Whitney back now?

Never! After that f-bomb, he has solidified his place in the Mayberry Hall of Fame! Andy Griffith would approve :D

OpAck

Feb 19, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Way to go Canes!!! It's a great time for the city of Raleigh and the organization and I'm looking forward to taking part in the celebration!

HughJass*

TubbyTerrion said:
he was sure hockey would work in "Carolina"... now he just needs to find it on a map :)

I swear, I honestly think he believes there's a place called Carolina, and it's not just ... in my mind...

I just thought it was classy he finally didn't get booed when doing this. Maybe Bettman is getting respect finally?

bullitt_10

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
this is so awesome that we finally won the cup!!! its nice to see all this hard work and determination pay off....congrats canes! you guys desereve it!!

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Congrats Carolina fans! It must have felt great when the buzzer went. My favourite moment of the playoffs was the unexpected insertion of Eric Cole into the lineup for games six and seven.

And Jim Rutherford is the man! :bow:

Fists of Fuhry

Jun 26, 2002
Visit site
Congrats from an Oiler fan.

As bitter as I am right now, your team deserved the cup! I hope that this can help Raleigh solidify it's fan base and help sell Hockey as a sport in the south.

FOF

HughJass*

Fists of Fuhry said:
As bitter as I am right now, your team deserved the cup! I hope that this can help Raleigh solidify it's fan base and help sell Hockey as a sport in the south.

FOF

Trust me, if the Oil had won the Cup I wouldn't have been mad at all. What a damn great series!

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
Congrats boys and girls on a well-deserved Stanley Cup championship. I found it hard to cheer against a team with so many vets that wanted another chance at a Cup.

Natural Habs Fan

Nov 28, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I was rooting against you guys after you eliminated Montreal but I have to offer my congratulations. That was a great final, a great game 7 and a nice clean win. The guys on your team deserve it.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Many congrats from me. You guys played a hell of a game tonight and while everyone figured you were done, I was rooting for you and telling everyone it ain't over by any stretch...

GO CANES GO!!!!

MacDaddy TLC*

I am especially happy for Jimmy Rutherford. Peter Karmanos had patience and stuck by his choice, even when doubted. Rutherford and his staff put together a great combination of youth and brought in the experience to complement them.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I've said all along that history means nothing, tonight your team out-worked, out-played, and out-willed my team. Congratulations on a gutty and gritty win. You guys earned it, and anyone that says anything about Roloson, squash it, Jussi gave us every chance to win this series, your team just proved to be the better one. Bryanbryoil, Out.

Muleskinner

Jan 26, 2005
Marching to the sea
Man.....How does it FEEL CANES FANS!!!!

Wish I new, perhaps next year will belong to the Jackets!

Any way, your team was great to watch all year and deserve this as much as you fans do.

Just remember to drink one for our old friends in Hartford. They must feel alot of different things right now.

Zimmer12

Dec 15, 2005
Leduc, Alberta
Congratulations 2006 Carolina Hurricanes. Celebrate this win and cherrish it while you can.

I saw the most priceless thing tonight, the look on Cam Ward's face when he found out he won the Conn Smythe. PRICELESS.

You know your team is old when...

You have two players Mike Commodore and someone else's favorite players are teamates on the current team, Mike Commodore's being Ray Whitney and the other's Doug Weight. :biglaugh:

Magnus Fulgur

Nov 27, 2002
Y'all are the champions, my friends...
And y'all kept on fighting till the end.
Y'all are the champions.
Y'all are the champions.
No time for losers
Cuz y'all are the champions.
Of the world.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Congratulations guys, I thought Edmonton would come back after that early goal in the third period but Ward made a few spectacular saves to maintain the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->