Congratulations Team Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Knucklez said:
Complete domination.

"Canada is on top of the hockey world!"

Absolutely. No other team in this tournament could touch this version of Team Canada. Despite all the questions over what amounted to insignificant selections, the team dismantled all comers.

A great display of Canada's future.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
A great effort from start to finish, even after Russia scored the goal at the end of the first period, Canada stayed focused, which was huge.

No need to rehash the taunting incidents...hopefully all the players on both teams learned something and will be better pros as a result...Bottom line is that Ovechkin and company are still talented players and will only get better and more mature from this.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
- World Junior Champions
- World Champions - Men
- World Champions - Women
- Olympic Champions - Men
- Olympic Champions - Women
- World Cup Champions

Pretty impressive.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
Seachd said:
- World Junior Champions
- World Champions - Men
- World Champions - Women
- Olympic Champions - Men
- Olympic Champions - Women
- World Cup Champions

Pretty impressive.

Tomorrow it will be U-17 champions as well.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
kerrly said:
Tomorrow it will be U-17 champions as well.

That's true....Canadian regional teams all finished in the final 4 for this tournament..although the tournament is not an IIHF event and did not include Russia...still a great accomplishment...it's nice to see that hockey is back on track and no more "Summit" meetings will be needed at least for another year or two...

Air

Aug 4, 2004
Hamilton
icethis.blogspot.com
I think we're still missing the Stanley Cup (in terms of Cdn fans ... not players), but that's arguable and unless we snatch it from the cold dead hands of the League, nobody will get it anyway.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
Captain Conservative said:
Where'd you get the picture of the Oiler ice girl?

Off the Oiler website. I would like to try and find one of those tight Oiler shirts for my girlfriend to wear. That would be a fantasy come true.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Congratulations, Canada. You are the best country in the world.

And to the jerk who brought up the taunting, TSN showed someone from Canada screaming something to Ovechkin during the game, but I'm not going to cry like a baby..

See you guys next year.

svetovy poharu

Dec 7, 2004
Hearty congrats to the mother country of hockey and dominator of the frozen pond in every division and category .. The hockey gods have smiled and finally restored order to the WJC tourney by bestowing gold upon their favourite son .. Well-earned and impressive, indeed :bow:

taunting canadian

Jan 3, 2005
MOGiLNY said:

And to the jerk who brought up the taunting, TSN showed someone from Canada screaming something to Ovechkin during the game, but I'm not going to cry like a baby..

See you guys next year.

I thought taunting was perfectly acceptable and a sign of good sportsmanship? :dunno:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Wally112pac said:
A little North American pay back.

The icing on the cake was seeing malkin and ovechkin cry. :cry:

Taunt that.

heheh Yeah, take that!!! Ok honestly I'm over that now but I'd be lieing if I didn't admit I was a little happy to see our hockey big brothers take it to them!! Only Americans and Canadiens can talk smack to each other but no one else is allowed or we'll gang up on ya!! :beatup:

All that aside, Malkin and Ovechkin are obviously awesome players and I can't wait to watch them in the NHL!!! Oh and I was very pleased to finally see Lisin and his wheels! He's gonna make a great Coyote. :yo:

All in all it was a good tournament and I thoroughly enjoed my first experience with the WJC. See you all next year. :handclap:

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
MOGiLNY said:

See you guys next year.

it's to be expected form fans dude, once thye pay that much for a ticket, they have the rigth and duty to act like complete morons. The players taunting is another thing and falls into a category known as utter stupidity, especialyl when they havent proven anything yet.

Canada is the best hockey nation, and we proved it again last night. When your goaltender is a spectator for the whole tournament, you know the team is inpenetrable.

Lalonde

Aug 20, 2004
СONGRATS,CANADA!!!!!UNBELIEVIBLE TEAM!!! :) VIVE LE CANADA!!!THE CANADIANS DIDN'T GIVE ANY CHANCES FOR OTHER TEAMS.REALLY GOOD HOCKEY.DOMINATING.ABSOLUTELY. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad