Congrats: Winning-est Blues Team in Franchise History

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Figured this was deserving of it's own thread.

Regardless of how the rest of the series plays out, the 2015-2016 Blues have just become the most successful club in Franchise History with their 10th win of these playoffs, (tied with the '86 club which won their 10th game courtesy of the Monday Night Miracle).

If they can win one more game in this series, they'll be the first club in Franchise history to win 11. And a Finals appearance and beyond would simply add to the record. Whatever happens from this point forward will be a first for this club. 16 would sure be sweet.

Let's go Blues!!!

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
We all bleed Blue!
This team has been resilient all year and we were due for a deep run, glad they are having one. It feels so close to be 6 wins away, lets get it done.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Well that's pretty sad, but I do have to give the team props. They've gotten farther than I thought they would.

It's been a pretty successful run this year.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Figured this was deserving of it's own thread.

Regardless of how the rest of the series plays out, the 2015-2016 Blues have just become the most successful club in Franchise History with their 10th win of these playoffs, (tied with the '86 club which won their 10th game courtesy of the Monday Night Miracle).

If they can win one more game in this series, they'll be the first club in Franchise history to win 11. And a Finals appearance and beyond would simply add to the record. Whatever happens from this point forward will be a first for this club. 16 would sure be sweet.

Let's go Blues!!!

LDjVMXf.gif

Let's go Blues.
:thumbu:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Well that's pretty sad, but I do have to give the team props. They've gotten farther than I thought they would.

It's been a pretty successful run this year.

Yeah...don't know if it's more sad or exciting. Pretty discouraging that in 49 years they've never managed to win more post-season games...but it's still a noticeable accomplishment. Hopefully it doesn't stop there, because that would be pretty depressing, considering every year somebody gets to 16 and a pair of teams annually get to at least 12.

I said before the playoffs started that 12 wins would be considered a successful run...I still believe that. A WCF-loss would be a golden opportunity squandered. We need MOAR WINZ!!!

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Yeah...don't know if it's more sad or exciting. Pretty discouraging that in 49 years they've never managed to win more post-season games...but it's still a noticeable accomplishment. Hopefully it doesn't stop there, because that would be pretty depressing, considering every year somebody gets to 16 and a pair of teams annually get to at least 12.

I said before the playoffs started that 12 wins would be considered a successful run...I still believe that. A WCF-loss would be a golden opportunity squandered. We need MOAR WINZ!!!

Wouldn't a SCF be a golden opportunity squandered, except on an even bigger scale?

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Doesn't feel like it but I keep telling mmyself after every game I watch that I've never been able to watch Blues hockey this late into the year in my life.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I think if they don't win the cup at all its a squandered opportunity.

Blues are easily the best team left in the playoffs. That's why Vegas has them at the top spot to win it all (They have been there since Round 2). Problem is they need to actually play like it.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

Blues are easily the best team left in the playoffs. That's why Vegas has them at the top spot to win it all (They have been there since Round 2). Problem is they need to actually play like it.

I still cringe when I see statements like this. They don't look inferior to any of the teams left, but I also think all 4 remaining teams look excellent and are playing very good hockey. Even at this stage, it takes good luck and good play to win the Cup.

If you subtract Fabbri and Backes all of a sudden, the equation may change a bit. Anyway, I just want them to win Game 5 right now. Can't win the Cup today, so not worried about it.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff

I get you love your team, I do. But wow man, this statement is just so....bold :naughty:

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
You are on the Blues board. Does it really surprise you a Blues fan may hold this opinion?

Quite frankly, yes. I don't think any hockey fan would declare their team to be "easily" the best team when they're not only down 3-2, but also simply not appearing to be the better team.

But that said, this is your board. I'm not trying to troll, so forgive me if this comes off that way. I know that if things were reversed, said poster would get an earful (eyeful?) on our board for declaring something like that.

No biggie. I'll go away

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Quite frankly, yes. I don't think any hockey fan would declare their team to be "easily" the best team when they're not only down 3-2, but also simply not appearing to be the better team.

But that said, this is your board. I'm not trying to troll, so forgive me if this comes off that way. I know that if things were reversed, said poster would get an earful (eyeful?) on our board for declaring something like that.

No biggie. I'll go away

It comes off that way.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO

No biggie. I'll go away

Go cry about refs instead of hockey players then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad