Congrats Czech fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Well played, Czech chaps. A dominating performance from the best team in the tournament. And heartfelt thanks to the Canadians who cared enough to show up and play. They were the best team we could muster this year, they overcame some adversity to reach the final and they came up short. No shame in that. For once, silver doesn't look that bad. :handclap:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
czechhockeyfan said:
Soccer is more widespread because it is played in every small village while hockey not. We have only about 160 indoor ice-rink.
However Czechs have more passion for hockey than soccer and hockey is more popular in larger cities in generally.
And Czech girls love hockey while they aren´t interested in soccer at all.

It's not true ... or at least it's different in Struhařov, where I spend most of my time.

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
Wow! :eek: About 30,000 people are in Prague's Staroměstské square greeting our boys!

Few minutes ago, there was a "press conference", Jagr and Co. appears drunk, they were laughing all the time :biglaugh:

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
jcpenny said:
And to those beautiful Czech girls in the stands :eek:

Can't forget about them. Since the game wasn't going in Canada's favour as they were loosing. I was hoping too see more shots from the stand where you can see some hott Czech chicks. ;)

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Congratulations. I thought the Czech's were better than Canada the entire game and deserved to win the Gold Medal. Canada didn't deserve to beat Slovakia or Russia.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
Hedberg16 said:
Congratulations. I thought the Czech's were better than Canada the entire game and deserved to win the Gold Medal. Canada didn't deserve to beat Slovakia or Russia.

I disagree. I think they outplayed Slovakia through and through. They dominated the boards and kept the pressure on something fierce. The only time the Slovaks sustained any type of offense was when Canada gave them the puck. I wouldn't read too much into the shot counting at this tournament either, it was a little different than what the IIHF shows. In that Canada vs. Slovakia game in particular, the shots were a little more one-sided than 33-25 for Canada.

The Russia game was a different story, the best hockey that either team played was in the first period. Canada let off the gas for the last two periods and still won. Although I think they should have played better, their tremendous play in the first period is no less deserving of a win than the Russian's play in the 2nd and 3rd.

As I've said in other posts. Congratulations on a nice victory, Czech fans. See you in Turin - hopefully it's best on best. :)

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Hedberg16 said:
Canada didn't deserve to beat Slovakia or Russia.

I don't really agree with this either.

Hockey is hockey, and a goal is a goal. So even if a team is getting outplayed, but manages to score all its goals on rare counter attacks and wins, that team is better.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Canada dominated Slovakia. And they owned Russia in the first period and could have come out of it with a six-goal lead. Sitting back just about did them them in, but they hung on for what should have been a two-goal margin of victory. Saying they didn't deserve to make the final is just silly.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
wilka91 said:
It's not true ... or at least it's different in Struhařov, where I spend most of my time.

But Struhařov is a small city or village, yes?
It also depends which period of the year you stay in Czech. Of course if you spend summer time here than there isn´t much talk about hockey but for example visit rate at the hockey is better than in soccer especially lower level league despite of larger stadium capacity.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Congratulations to a great hockey loving nation...

I'm really happy for Czech Republic hockey. Excellent team. Excellent people. :handclap:

Enjoy, for next time we'll kick your butts.

Only partially kidding. Czech people seem to have a lot in common with Canadians; we have been overshadowed for years politically by a super power, we love life and show it, and we both love hockey very passionately.

See you guys next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->