Conflicting reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows*

What the HACK is going on?????

NHLPA releases statements saying no proggress was made and are furious.

The the NHL releases this:
"We had extensive and constructive talks over the past two days. While there are no future meetings scheduled, we have agreed to keep the lines of communication open.

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Despite several media reports to the contrary, we have no intention of making any further announcement relating to collective bargaining or the status of the season at this time."

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I gotta give it to Goodenow, somehow he figured that the NHL was bluffing with that cancellation leak, and he called Gary on it, were in the final stages folks, but this isin't close to being over, I said at the beginning of this week that I wouldn't be surprised if this went on another week or so, the cancellation leak threw me off, but i'm not surprised by this at all...

Goodenow is deadline hunting, he dosen't feel the NHL is ready to cancel the season yet, he still thinks there's more he can get from them...more power to ya Bobby, good luck

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
or it's just PR from the NHL, trying to make them look like the good guys

show a positive face and keep stringing people along until they "regretably must cancel the season"

sorry if i'm cynical but what reason do i have to not be?

officeglen

Oct 6, 2002
Eastern Ontario
Visit site
It means it isn't over, and the NHL is looking at the cost/reward of taking the deal much as it is now or cancelling the season.

Relatively quiet=still a chance.
Insults, naming calling, blame exchange, media spin etc = it's over.

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
Crows said:
What the HACK is going on?????

NHLPA releases statements saying no proggress was made and are furious.

The the NHL releases this:
"We had extensive and constructive talks over the past two days. While there are no future meetings scheduled, we have agreed to keep the lines of communication open.

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Despite several media reports to the contrary, we have no intention of making any further announcement relating to collective bargaining or the status of the season at this time."
It's clear IMO NHL is trying to blame it on NHLPA

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
VAN-HAB said:
It's clear IMO NHL is trying to blame it on NHLPA
Agreed. Trying to gain the upper hand if this ends up going to the courts.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i dont' think media posturing is gonna help when it comes to the courts, i would interpret it more as the NHL just trying to present a good face and be the "good guys" to the fans

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Its over folks. Im tired. I wish they would just make it official so I could go on with my life...wait thats right I have no life without the NHL...sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad