Confirmed: Talks starting back to Sqaure 1 - 90 Minute Meeting Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Thunderstruck said:
Always the master of the half quote to skew meaning.

Just once try and present an honest representation.

Here is THE ENTIRE QUOTE from Saskin.

Changes the meaning more than just a little bit, wouldn't you say?
Sorry I picked that bad habit from Bettman of only telling 1/2 the story to mislead everyone ..

..but I posted the link so that you could read it for yourself .. I didn't want to get into any copyright infringement issues by posting too much of an article after all ..

For some of us though the last part was implied .. Not too many people actually thought it meant going back and resubmitting things and ideas that didn't work previously ..

That is what I meant by IMPASSE dance and clean slate ..

Last edited:

CMUMike

Feb 13, 2005
Thunderstruck said:
Always the master of the half quote to skew meaning.

Just once try and present an honest representation.

Here is THE ENTIRE QUOTE from Saskin.

Changes the meaning more than just a little bit, wouldn't you say?
:handclap:

MissTeeks

Feb 1, 2005
Calgary, AB
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
The Fan 590 reports that the meeting started around noon EST. That's all so far.

TSN

TSN says that the meeting was only an hour and a half but they are supposed to be meeting again sometime next week.

Thanks for coming out boys!

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Good work..a 90 minute meeting. I see they are working very hard in giving the fans a season next year. :rolleyes:

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
MissTeeks said:
TSN

TSN says that the meeting was only an hour and a half but they are supposed to be meeting again sometime next week.

Thanks for coming out boys!
Good grief. Why even bother to physically meet together in Toronto? Seriously, should we even bother to view these as anything more than a legal paper trail at this point?

X0ssbar

ColoradoHockeyFan said:
Good grief. Why even bother to physically meet together in Toronto? Seriously, should we even bother to view these as anything more than a legal paper trail at this point?

Exaclty - just declare and impasse and get it over with.

chiavsfan

Honestly what did you guys expect? For them to walk into the room and finish everything right away? They probably updated each other on how they feel, now its back to seperate corners to see where they could go from here. Anyway who had any hope that this meeting was going to go somewhere is fooling themselves. The best thing that came out of this is that there ARE future talks scheduled.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
JWI19 said:
If worked as hard as these guy i would be fired.

What you guys expect .. They say they are starting from a clean slate ..

This was just a introduction meeting so everyone could get acquainted .. Lets call is a mixer if you like ..

They had a Wine a Cheese snack table and everybody got the handouts of "CBA for DUMMIES" and "12 Steps to Negotiating" ..... and was asked to read chapters 1 -3 for the next meeting and have a POP quiz on some of the terminology like Cost Certainty and Fair Market place ..

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Atleast there meeting again. Do you actually think they will have a deal done in a week or even a proposal?

They are going to meet a few times and have "dialogue" before either side makes a proposal... and then there will be a few proposals before they get a deal.

Its good news there meeting next week, its better than both sides saying we want a linkage and we won't take a cap

HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN

Apr 5, 2002
The 49th parallel
Visit site
OilKiller said:
:handclap:

Exactly.

Meetings = Good
No Meetings = Bad & No Deal.

except that last time around,

Meetings = Bad & No Deal

I would hope that things would be a little different this time around. I like what MacKenzie said one night on TSN (sorry - don't have the exact quote) but it was something to the effect that they should get a couple of GM's and a couple of player agents in the room and they could probably hash something out in a week or two that would be aceptable to both sides.

To me, it seems that Bettman and Goodenow always were more of a hinderance than a help in this whole mess.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
I dont mind them starting at square one as long as they keep talking and are serious this time and dont **** around and wait until the last minute.

chiavsfan

Goodenow almost sounded like he had changed his tine a little bit until this comment...he was sooooooooooooo close...but alas

''Where we are today is a continuance of an unfortunate situation that the owners have put in place with their lockout and we have been and remain committed to try and find a fair negotiated solution to it. And I would like to think that the other side is as well. So hopefully we'll make some progress.''

He is still whining like a 2 year old.

TSN

misterjaggers

Sep 7, 2003
The Duke City
c-carp said:
I dont mind them starting at square one as long as they keep talking and are serious this time and dont **** around and wait until the last minute.
But that's dead-line hunter Bob's favorite tactic. Oh, well...

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
The Messenger said:

What you guys expect .. They say they are starting from a clean slate ..

This was just a introduction meeting so everyone could get acquainted .. Lets call is a mixer if you like ..

They had a Wine a Cheese snack table and everybody got the handouts of "CBA for DUMMIES" and "12 Steps to Negotiating" ..... and was asked to read chapters 1 -3 for the next meeting and have a POP quiz on some of the terminology like Cost Certainty and Fair Market place ..
:joker: :lol: :handclap:

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
FLYLine4LIFE said:
i just wanted to add something - from a totally neutral perspective for a change - if you guys thought this lockout was a joke wait till you here this - it's the nhlpa's 2 mil that the wha is awarding for this tourney - read into that what you will - bob and gary have jumped off the cliff - pa took back the 24 percent and the nhl tossed back linkage - it's suicide ladies - a fight to oblivion -

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
mr gib said:
i just wanted to add something - from a totally neutral perspective for a change - if you guys thought this lockout was a joke wait till you here this - it's the nhlpa's 2 mil that the wha is awarding for this tourney - read into that what you will - bob and gary have jumped off the cliff - pa took back the 24 percent and the nhl tossed back linkage - it's suicide ladies - a fight to oblivion -

So the NHLPA is taking money from its own players pockets, and giving it back.... To the players? And sicne each player owes portions of its earnings to the NHLPA, how much money does the NHLPA get back when the winnings are paid out?

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
X8oD said:
So the NHLPA is taking money from its own players pockets, and giving it back.... To the players? And sicne each player owes portions of its earnings to the NHLPA, how much money does the NHLPA get back when the winnings are paid out?
i don't think the pa is collecting dues right now - but i don't really know but it seems unlikely - cause of the 10 k a month - but this is getting just stoopid - but you've got to figure if the pa is really that crazed on busting the owners and vice versa crosby is gonna be a huge pawn - the wha could get him or the rooskies for big clams - way more that the 850k - gary wants him to have - this really is war - holy crap - i never thought the hatred was this deep - wow -

SENSible1*

mr gib said:

Does using money to help set up a competitors league constitute bargaining in bad faith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad