Injury Report: [Confirmed] Gaudreau out indefinitely

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Gulutzan would go from zero to hero in my books if he pulled a "anger tort" and sent out all our goons vs the Wild the next time we play them and just start an intentional line brawl.

Do it freaking every time Gaudreau get's slashed and it goes uncalled, literally EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. EVERY. GAME.

Just take the 74 fines you'll get and move on.

Hell, do it every time someone looks at him. Don't do it for the other team, do it to send a message to your own team

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Players have been taking liberties with Gaudreau for 2 seasons now, this is the 2nd time he's missed games due to the same injury. It is completely inexcusable and embarrassing that this is going on. Sure Johnny can slash guys back, but do we want him sitting in the box? People need to use common sense, Gretzky didn't do that and neither should Gaudreau. The fact is, there is a book out on the Flames and each team plays him the same way. Play him physical, hack his wrists, no one is scared to do it because there is no reprecussions. It's a bloody joke and it's not how hockey is played. I'm not kidding, someone needs to lay their lumber in someone's teeth and send them to the Dentist. It's sends a message and the actions will stop. He's the only player on our team it's being done to and that should speak volumes. It's disgusting and our team should be ashamed.

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Players have been taking liberties with Gaudreau for 2 seasons now, this is the 2nd time he's missed games due to the same injury. It is completely inexcusable and embarrassing that this is going on. Sure Johnny can slash guys back, but do we want him sitting in the box? People need to use common sense, Gretzky didn't do that and neither should Gaudreau. The fact is, there is a book out on the Flames and each team plays him the same way. Play him physical, hack his wrists, no is scared to do it because there is no reprecussions. It's a bloody joke and it's not how hockey is played. I'm not kidding, someone needs to lay their lumber in someone's teeth and send them to the Dentist. It's sends a message and the actions will stop. He's the only player on our team it's being done to and that should speak volumes. It's disgusting and our team should be ashamed.

Completely agree.

Team's not playing for each other and it shows.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
The fact is, there is a book out on the Flames and each team plays him the same way. Play him physical, hack his wrists, no one is scared to do it because there is no reprecussions.

I'm not kidding, someone needs to lay their lumber in someone's teeth and send them to the Dentist. It's sends a message and the actions will stop.

I really don't think any repercussions will have the effect to the extent everyone thinks it will. It may eliminate some of it, but not much. Let's face it, if it's part of the other teams game plan to play Gaudreau tough, they'll do it no matter what. If they truly feel that's the way they'll be successful against the Flames (hint, it is) then they will continue to do it. Make no mistake, look at the guys who have been playing Gaudreau tough - Suter, Koivu, Staal last night, Ristolainen got him with a good hit against Buffalo, Kassian took a healthy run at him in one of the Edmonton games, these guys are all competitors and they can all hold their own.

I hate to say it, but all the best players get whacked all the time, you don't see their teammates reacting to every slash their star takes. Gaudreau needs to learn to play through it. If teams know they can have success by playing that way, it will continue.

If Gaudreau gets ran, I have no doubt someone would take exception, but to expect someone to react every time he gays slashed is unrealistic.

Last edited:

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Honestly I've had it with Burke/Treliving, all talk but zilch to show for it. Not only they gave Gaudreau Alex freakin Chiasson to play with, their team is too damn soft to target other team in retaliation.

Jesus Christ we're talking about Staal/Suter here, not Probert/Semenko.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
- If I'm worried about players not defending a teammate, I'm looking at the Dumba/Hathaway play. That's something that should have been noticed by the players, and quite frankly a ******** play by Dumba.

If they are not sticking up for Johnny, they sure as heck aren't sticking up for AHL call up.

Some leadership we have here.

Remember when Oliwa played with Lombardi and Kobasew I think? They both said they grew 2 inch taller since no one bothered to touch them.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
All I know is he was hacked 21 times in a single game. 21 times and not a single act of retaliation.

Not doing anything is copout. You don't need to be a goon, but teammates need to stand up for each other. Johnny shouldn't be the one taking penalties. We need scoring goals. Guys have roles on a team and someone including the coach was not doing their job. We don't hack anyone, we don't get after anyone's top players. This team is way to soft and lacks a backbone and that's why Gaudreau is hurt.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
21 times is a gross overstatement, that article was so off it wasn't even funny. On the Gaudreau goal where he claimed there were 7 slashes? Watch the highlights, there was 2 maybe 3. I stopped reading at that point, but I can only assume the term "slashing" was used very loosely throughout.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I'd like to see Giordano fight somebody. Something I loved about Iggy as the Captain. I don't recall people slashing him the way they do Johnny. This team needs to learn to play with some heart, it's not OK a third year player who weighs 160lbs is getting that kind of treatment.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Who the hell do we have that can throw the body and isn't afraid to get in the team's face?

Ferland? That's mostly been weeded out of his game.
Tkachuk is a bit of a pest I guess.
Engelland every now and then, maybe.
Wideman? Giordano? Kinda but not really.

No one on this team has a mean streak at all. It's annoying that no one stuck up for him, but can anyone really be surprised given our roster?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Who the hell do we have that can throw the body and isn't afraid to get in the team's face?

Ferland? That's mostly been weeded out of his game.
Tkachuk is a bit of a pest I guess.
Engelland every now and then, maybe.
Wideman? Giordano? Kinda but not really.

No one on this team has a mean streak at all. It's annoying that no one stuck up for him, but can anyone really be surprised given our roster?

Ferland, Hathaway, Tkachuk, Brouwer, Engelland, any of those guys can fight.

And MotM, Gaudreau got hacked enough that he has a broken/fractured bone and needs surgery.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
We actually almost always lead games in hits. Our blue line is pretty soft. But the game has gone the way of the skating/puck moving defencemen. We just think our team is soft because we don't see that the league is pretty soft. Save a few teams (LA, Anaheim and St. Louis)

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Let's be honest. The only one worth his salt when it comes to these things is Brandon Bollig and he's gonna be buried in Stockton forever

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
This is just speculation, and I'm sure it's going to ruffle a few feathers but...
It almost sounds to me like players are a little upset with Johnny. Could be from the holdout. We've seen him frustrated many times this year, is he not dealing with it properly?

Who can legit be upset with Gaudreau holding out?

Giordano - overpaid
Monahan - overpaid
Brouwer - overpaid
Wideman - lol
Stajan - see Wideman
Engelland - overpaid
Frolik - paid handsomely but at least he's doing something

I thought Brodie could be salty but at this point his contract is hardly a steal either.

Backlund is the only one who can be legit upset with Johnny holding out for more money.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Holdouts at the Flames are nothing new. If anything blame the media for blowing it out of proportion and making it a potential distraction for the Flames team during training camp.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
CxFTT_PWgAEDypp.jpg:large

Don't get me wrong, I love Gio, but man... Do I ever miss having a captain that would smack guys around when need be.

HAKAN LOOB

Oct 5, 2013
I'd like to see Giordano fight somebody. Something I loved about Iggy as the Captain. I don't recall people slashing him the way they do Johnny. This team needs to learn to play with some heart, it's not OK a third year player who weighs 160lbs is getting that kind of treatment.

Giordano shouldn't be fighting anybody, considering he's really bad at it. Last time he fought he dummied lil' Jt Brown. Time before that he was clowned by Bieska.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
There's two ways to look at tis.

Either our season is over by the end of those six weeks

It out team keeps this up, Monahan goes hot, we keep playing Johnson, and Gaudreau comes back with something to play for

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->