Injury Report: [Confirmed] Gaudreau out indefinitely

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Pathetic. If the refs aren't going to protect our players, than team mates need to. I don't care about taking penalties, we're losing anyways, don't let teams beat the **** out of our star player nightly.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Pathetic. If the refs aren't going to protect our players, than team mates need to. I don't care about taking penalties, we're losing anyways, don't let teams beat the **** out of our star player nightly.
Yet almost everyone *****ed and cried about the possibility of Bollig on the team

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Devils advocate, we shouldn't need Bollig in the lineup to defend our team. We have plenty of guys on the roster right now who should be stepping up.
We should, but we don't. I think King Deryk is about hte only one that does. Brouwer, Ferland, Tkachuk and Giordano need to step up and defend their teammates.

Pops

Sep 22, 2016
Devils advocate, we shouldn't need Bollig in the lineup to defend our team. We have plenty of guys on the roster right now who should be stepping up.
How's Bollig going to stop a slash by Staal, to Johnny? He can't

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Guys on Fan 960 said it best this morning:
1. GG has to call out the refs on the repeated slashes - he didn't say a thing after the game last night
2. The league needs to be involved. They call for increased scoring... well one of their best young scorers is out because the refs aren't doing their job. They need to address this.

I'm absolutely fine taking a 2 minute penalty for slashing Zach Parise HARD on the wrist for every time Johnny gets a tap on his. That's how it has to be played if refs don't get involved. Put it out there as a warning to all teams and refs.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
1. GG has to call out the refs on the repeated slashes - he didn't say a thing after the game last night
2. The league needs to be involved. They call for increased scoring... well one of their best young scorers is out because the refs aren't doing their job. They need to address this.

I'm absolutely fine taking a 2 minute penalty for slashing Zach Parise HARD on the wrist for every time Johnny gets a tap on his. That's how it has to be played if refs don't get involved. Put it out there as a warning to all teams and refs.

It's a league wide epidemic, they need to grow a set and start calling any 2 hander an attempt to injure and toss them from the game

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
pretty much the same thing :laugh:
Lol I know. I fractured my arm when I was 11 and it was basically treated like a broken bone.

This league sucks. All they would do if GG called out the refs is fine GG because they've proven many times they care more about the refs than the players.

They still need to address the issue of poor reffing, though. It's been getting worse and worse for years.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It seems like GG has essentially called out the refs on it in post-game scrums indirectly about 4 or 5 times already this season.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
So is this just now an issue for us because teams are focusing specifically on Johnny as a threat? With how slippery he is it seems like one of the only ways (albeit a dirty one) to contain and control him.

A Crosby or a McJebus would instead be repeatedly (and legally) hammered through the game to wear them down; this just seems like an unfortunate response to that not being an option, but it needs to be stamped out.

At least its in what is almost already a bag of a season, so we have some time to figure out how to stick up for our players properly if the refs are going to let it go. It's an unfortunate but necessary wake-up call for the rest of the team to grow a pair.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
It seems like GG has essentially called out the refs on it in post-game scrums indirectly about 4 or 5 times already this season.

It's time to let Burkie loose. He's gladly take the fine, let him go off on how often Gaudreau is slashed "Gaudreau isn't American for slash me in the hands", or something or that nature.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
For all the good that playing tougher and exercising deterrence would be, if we took some ballsy penalties there'd be complaining from this board as soon as we took a PP goal against.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
For all the good that playing tougher and exercising deterrence would be, if we took some ballsy penalties there'd be complaining from this board as soon as we took a PP goal against.

You don't need to take penalties, though. You just need to blatantly slash players on the other team. That's allowed.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
The Flames need a true pest. Guys like Brouwer/Tkachuk/Ferland can bring a physical element, but it's not enough. Calgary needs a guy like Torres for that 4th line. Someone who will go out of their way to make a team pay for that kind of ****.

However, I'm a glass half full type of guy. Gaudreau is out, and this locker room knows that they'll need to step up. We're about to see who it's going to be. Does Monahan wake up, or are we gonna see someone in the bottom 6 step up?

Bennett - Monahan - Brouwer
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Shinkaruk - Stajan - Ferland
Bouma - Hamilton - Hathaway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->