Composite Stick Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDO

Jan 12, 2005
Edmonton
Anyone heard of this stuff? I was at a specialty store a couple weeks ago and saw some of it sitting around; it was endorsed by Stevie Y. Didn't put much tought into it, because at the time I had a genesis, but after snapping that I gave in and bought a Si-Core for $140 and figured I'd give it a shot. Getting back to the tape though.. it's supposed to protect the stick from the scratches/cuts that will cause the stick to break. Has anyone used it? Does it work?

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Scratches and cuts? Hard impacts from slashes and general contact are what wear those sticks down. I don't see the relevance of Yzerman's endorsement. He has an unlimited supply of those twigs.

PDO

Jan 12, 2005
Edmonton
DaveyCrockett said:
Scratches and cuts? Hard impacts from slashes and general contact are what wear those sticks down. I don't see the relevance of Yzerman's endorsement. He has an unlimited supply of those twigs.

Hence my own skepticsm is buying the stuff.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Is this the "Comp-O-Tape" or Composite stick tape? Theres one thats supposed to be a wrap for the stick, which I can't see working, and another thats for the blade which is supposed to soften up the feel? I've heard the one for the blade is decent, but not overly fantastic, but haven't heard much about the stick wrapping tape.

PDO

Jan 12, 2005
Edmonton
EazyB97 said:
Is this the "Comp-O-Tape" or Composite stick tape? Theres one thats supposed to be a wrap for the stick, which I can't see working, and another thats for the blade which is supposed to soften up the feel? I've heard the one for the blade is decent, but not overly fantastic, but haven't heard much about the stick wrapping tape.

Quick google search..

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=HSSW

It is the wrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad