Confirmed with Link: Branding, Jerseys, Community Involvement, Arena & Water Street Tampa - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Getting a big corporate HQ without having built anything first, and without turning over the keys to that corporation was always a tough task, IMO. The med school is the real anchor tenant anyway.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

173 room 5-star boutique hotel.

I know that the high end stuff gets eyeballs, but I think we need some announcements on places for normal income people.

Reactions: berlin

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I know that the high end stuff gets eyeballs, but I think we need some announcements on places for normal income people.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Vinik was on WFLA at 6 PM to talk about that and also highlighted the need for places for all levels of income.
Mr. Vinik was always planning on Water Street being a place for people at all income levels, but the way the announcements have been made lack context, which I think is the problem here. The Embassy Suites and Waterside Marriott aren't going anywhere, and fit into bigger picture. What the JW and this 5-star hotel bring is a wider range and availability of hotel rooms to the district, and to Tampa. (I'm also figuring that hotels go up first for reasons)

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I thought there was a Marriott already down there, no? They're building an additional one? Or am I crazy? Or all of the above?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I thought there was a Marriott already down there, no? They're building an additional one? Or am I crazy? Or all of the above?
I imagine a lot of future guests will go to the wrong buildings, but Vinik owns (and is renovating) the Tampa Waterside Marriott. SPP is also building a 519-key JW Marriott (which begins construction very soon), and this 173-key Marriott Edition.

In terms of prices, here's the markets they serve (based on Miami prices for unbuilt hotels). Prices taken from Trivago if you were to check in today. Single room.

Waterside Tampa - $229/night
JW - $299/night
Edition - $599/night

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Liner

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

reminder that if you've reached your monthly cap of TBBJ articles, you can open them in a private window on your browser, or whatever won't mess with cookies to continue reading without signing up for an account.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The Identity TB isn't taking that next step for me yet. There's still a lack of compelling content (and also I'm not getting ads despite my ad blocker being turned off). The best stuff I've seen are the videos from Visit Tampa Bay.

Despite the name, I don't get what the site is really supposed to be. It's not really a video site, but it's not useful or updated nearly frequently enough to be a news site.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

There it is. I was wondering when the first pilots would start being announced. You'd think with a second phase in another 3-months, they'd be at least trying some potential shows out or showing previews. Gotta dump that comic sans though.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Having already rolled out its daily newsletter, The Identity Tampa Bay’s influencer network represents the creation of a hyper-local Tampa Bay “YouTube-like” equivalent. Influencers will now have a centralized hub where they can share their own content, providing the region with new and fresh content. This content will be supplemented by original Identity Tampa Bay productions, which will focus on highlighting great events around town, as well as live event coverage around Tampa Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad