Confirmed with Link: Branding, Jerseys, Community Involvement, Arena & Water Street Tampa - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I much prefer the Reebok template. The mesh on the shoulders of the Adidas template is ugly and looks cheap. I'll have to load up on jerseys when the RBK clearance sale gets really attractive.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Water Street Tampa is the district's name.

By early 2018, more than 20 cranes will dot the Tampa skyline as work begins on the majority of vertical construction in the first phase of the district. Ten architectural firms are currently designing 18 buildings, including office and residential towers with ground-floor retail space. A grocer and a fitness facility are targeted anchors, Nozar said.

The first phase of development totals 4 million square feet across 10 blocks and is slated to wrap up by 2020  just in time for Super Bowl LV, which Tampa hosts in 2021.

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay...am-reveals-district-name-details.html?ana=twt

https://twitter.com/WaterStTampa

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Also new addition is 3x the size but no new ice?

it depends on what's going on in the huge expansion, but I think the play right now is to distribute 1-2 pad ice rinks throughout the area, rather than consolidate many rinks together in a few places where they need massive parking lots, wider roads, people needing to take long trips, etc.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
The new addition will feature all team spaces including locker room, weight room, training room, dedicated press room, an expanded player lounge and more. It will feature amenities that are not currently available at AMALIE Arena, including hydrotherapy facilities and a video room/theater. It will also include a new rink dasher system for the North Rink.

A lot of the new expansion going toward behind the scenes stuff.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
it depends on what's going on in the huge expansion, but I think the play right now is to distribute 1-2 pad ice rinks throughout the area, rather than consolidate many rinks together in a few places where they need massive parking lots, wider roads, people needing to take long trips, etc.

Yeah.. Well I'm being selfish. Sick of 11pm gametimes. :laugh:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

:laugh:

but seriously though, more rinks in one spot is antithetical to what Based Owner is trying to do with Water Street. Maybe there will be a new rink built closer to you, or closer to other people so BSF won't be so busy.

TBLightningFan

Apr 20, 2004
Tampa

I'd rather have that over pulling into the rink before 7am for my kid. That dip in the road on the way in is easily forgotten that early in the morning. :laugh: Can they at least fix that?

But yes they do need at least one more rink @ the ISF. It's not like it would go unused in the slightest.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Not a bad investment.

While a movie aimed for a global audience has to make creative concessions, different regions go to the movies at different times of the year, where in the US, Jan-Feb and Aug-Sept are considered 'dump months', so there'd be money to be made year-round.

edit: plz don't do a streaming service. We've got enough of those already and Netflix needs third-party content.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

It's interesting to look at what the architecture firms involved have designed. A lot of arena experience.

Morris Adjani (3 buildings in WST) Prudential Center, NJ Devils
Baker Barrios (1 building; infrastructure) Amway Center, Orlando Solar Bears
Gensler (2 buildings) Proposed LA football stadium spearheaded by Tim Leiweke
KPF (2 buildings) Unbuilt NY Jets Stadium
Pickard Chilton (3 buildings) no sports venues that I see, but a lot of corporate HQs of major companies and the EPA, and an extension of the World Health Organization building.

Last edited:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I was once told that they wanted to expand into other things including bigger areas for paintball, off-ice workout areas, and potentially an inline rink but I don't know where that ended up.

Paintball? Is that for use in a reverse dodgeball mentality?
Trying to get hit by them? We don't need our goalies trying to move out of the way of oncoming projectiles.

"If you can block a paintball you can block a puck."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad