Compare: Alexander Frolov V.S. Tummo Ruttu

Status
Not open for further replies.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
I think you are off base Spiffy. True, Frolov's name lends to his bias but his point is valid (without the laughed off bit). What could you base TR's praise on when compared to Frolov? Not one area of thier games come close in anything I can see. Take away this year for Frolov, use only rookie stats and I would say the exact same thing.

Spiffy

punchy1 said:
I think you are off base Spiffy. True, Frolov's name lends to his bias but his point is valid (without the laughed off bit). What could you base TR's praise on when compared to Frolov? Not one area of thier games come close in anything I can see. Take away this year for Frolov, use only rookie stats and I would say the exact same thing.
I didn't want to critizise him for his points. More so for his "agressive" way of defending "his" player, he could've reasoned with him but no.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
The last 20 some games of the year he actually saw (which I have said in other threads) PP time due to injury. He was 7th, not sixth. and were used towards the end of the PPs. My point still stands mate.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Here's a better question- Who cares?

Frolov is a great young player. That means nothing in relation to Tuomo Ruutu.

Would I as a hawk fan, a Ruutu fan, *and* someone who likes to watch frolov play- trade Tuomo Ruutu for Frolov? Answer a resounding NO.

But any speculation on who is better is stupid at this point. they are different players, on much different teams, and bring different things to the table.

What does Ruutu bring that Frolov doesn't? Go watch the hawks live sometime, and watch the Dmen on the ice when Ruutu is out there. The puck doesn't stay long on that stick.... its called intimidation. And Ruutu will never drop the gloves much- but he intimidates a lot more guys on the ice than a player like Busshy, or Strudwick.

Both guys have huge upside. Both should lead their teams in years to come(hopefully for fans of both teams).

If you were asking a detroit fan: Who, Steve Yzerman or Joe Sakic? what would they say? DO you think the colorado fan would give you the same answer?

NOw Frolov is no Yzerman/Sakic, and neither is Ruutu. Fans of both teams hope they will do 1/2 the things that Yzerman and Sakic did for their teams...

-fullmetalninja

Spiffy

fullmetalninja said:
Here's a better question- Who cares?

Frolov is a great young player. That means nothing in relation to Tuomo Ruutu.

Would I as a hawk fan, a Ruutu fan, *and* someone who likes to watch frolov play- trade Tuomo Ruutu for Frolov? Answer a resounding NO.

But any speculation on who is better is stupid at this point. they are different players, on much different teams, and bring different things to the table.

What does Ruutu bring that Frolov doesn't? Go watch the hawks live sometime, and watch the Dmen on the ice when Ruutu is out there. The puck doesn't stay long on that stick.... its called intimidation. And Ruutu will never drop the gloves much- but he intimidates a lot more guys on the ice than a player like Busshy, or Strudwick.

Both guys have huge upside. Both should lead their teams in years to come(hopefully for fans of both teams).

If you were asking a detroit fan: Who, Steve Yzerman or Joe Sakic? what would they say? DO you think the colorado fan would give you the same answer?

NOw Frolov is no Yzerman/Sakic, and neither is Ruutu. Fans of both teams hope they will do 1/2 the things that Yzerman and Sakic did for their teams...

-fullmetalninja

Excellent post :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad