Not open for further replies.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Teemu08 said:
More points: frolov
Better player: ruutu

More points - Frolov
Better player - Frolov (right now, anyway)

Ruutu may be a better hitter but Frolov is the best defensive forward in LA. (and a potential Selke candidate in the future)

Potential wise, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ruutu become the better player but right now I would take Frolov in a heartbeat.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
willie said:
More points - Frolov
Better player - Frolov (right now, anyway)

Ruutu may be a better hitter but Frolov is the best defensive forward in LA. (and a potential Selke candidate in the future)

Potential wise, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ruutu become the better player but right now I would take Frolov in a heartbeat.

well, i was referring to the future, too. Frolov's doing great right now in LA

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Frolov has 40 points. Frolov is +15. Frolov is his teams leading forward (atoi) for the PK and has been all season (near). Ruutu, is *-* 23. He has 17 points in 57 games which is behind Frolovs pace last year. I don't see any reason to compare them yet.

Tumo came into the league listed as the best young player outside the NHL and has yet to do anything to show why. Flashes of brilliance has been seen by several young players but that doesn't make them anything special yet. Could TR become great? I think he has the skills. Is there any reason to compare him with a player that not only had a better rookie year by a stretch but is also having a grand second season as well? I just don't think TR has earned the right yet. He has the skills but is slow to use them so far. I hope he does turn into the player he can be, I love the city of Chi and would love a reason to have a holiday there to see the lad play but at this point, I just don't see the reason to compare them. Sorry if it sounds like I am having a piss at you mate, I am not at all, I don't mean to offend. I just don't see it yet.

Cheers though and truly, it isn't like I know anything anyways. ;)

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Even though the Kings are injury-depleted, if you were to trade Ruutu for Frolov, Frolov would be doing decent, but would have a terrible +/-, while Ruutu would be having a Calder-contending campaign. IMO, Ruutu will be the better player.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Yeah really...cut it with the Frolov stuff. If we wanted to compare our fav. players I could post a bunch of Havlat topics but I don't think that would please everyone. :)

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
ducksflytogether said:
Even though the Kings are injury-depleted, if you were to trade Ruutu for Frolov, Frolov would be doing decent, but would have a terrible +/-, while Ruutu would be having a Calder-contending campaign. IMO, Ruutu will be the better player.

O ya says who? Ruutu would get to play witht he world class skill of John Sim and John Trip on our 4th line. O and Frolov would get 25 minutes a night on the Hawks.

I'll take Frolov cause he had the better rookie season and they are onll a year apart in development and it looks like Ruutu will take some time to polish out his skills while Frolov is doing it NOW. WHo is the better player right now? No doubt Frolov. Who would I rather have right now? Frolov

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Frolov said:
O ya says who? Ruutu would get to play witht he world class skill of John Sim and John Trip on our 4th line. O and Frolov would get 25 minutes a night on the Hawks.

I'll take Frolov cause he had the better rookie season and they are onll a year apart in development and it looks like Ruutu will take some time to polish out his skills while Frolov is doing it NOW. WHo is the better player right now? No doubt Frolov. Who would I rather have right now? Frolov

A guy with the name Frolov would rather have Frolov now and he also thinks he's a better player now. How weird.

All i gotta say is watch out for Ruutu next year. He'll train his ass off and his knee will be 100%

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Sting004 said:
Yeah really...cut it with the Frolov stuff. If we wanted to compare our fav. players I could post a bunch of Havlat topics but I don't think that would please everyone. :)

Who's better Frolov of Havlat? :p

Who would win Frolov or Ditka?

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
Wally112pac said:
A guy with the name Frolov would rather have Frolov now and he also thinks he's a better player now. How weird.

All i gotta say is watch out for Ruutu next year. He'll train his ass off and his knee will be 100%

I contributed more to this thread then you did. Can you prove to me that Ruutu is a better player right? You'll only get laughed at if you try.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Frolov said:
I contributed more to this thread then you did. Can you prove to me that Ruutu is a better player right? You'll only get laughed at if you try.

I don't care who contributed what. I'm not an internet nerd.

I like Frolov. He's 1 of my fave Kings.

But he's a year a head of Ruutu.

That's like comparing Staal to Nash. Or Spezza to Horton.

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
Wally112pac said:
I don't care who contributed what. I'm not an internet nerd.

I like Frolov. He's 1 of my fave Kings.

But he's a year a head of Ruutu.

That's like comparing Staal to Nash. Or Spezza to Horton.

Umm ok

Frolov was better last year then Ruutu is this year.

And Nash>Staal and Spezza> Horton.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Frolov said:
Umm ok

Frolov was better last year then Ruutu is this year.

And Nash>Staal and Spezza> Horton.

Exactly. You would take the 2nd year guy over the 1st. Same with Frolov and Ruutu

And Ruutu was very average for the 1st 45-50 games. Mainly because he couldn't train like he wanted to because of his knee. He's just gotten into the swing of things in the past 15 games.

Randall Graves*

Wow the lack of respect Frolov gets on this board is amazing.

Spiffy

Right now Alexander Frolov.
Next season and future: Tuomo Ruutu (that's how it's spelled :) )

Edit: Frolov has the tools to become a great player as well. Maybe he will even be a selke finalist one of these years. He will also be an integral part of the new and improved russian national team ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiffy

Frolov said:
Uh-oh... Someone's been sucking down too much bias candy...

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
RallyKiller said:
Wow the lack of respect Frolov gets on this board is amazing.

It' understandable. He plays for a West Coast team(that plays a part in it), and he's not a flashy player like a Kovalchuck.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
What are the opinions of TR being better than Frolov based on? I mean, Frolov is better and has done better under the same circumstances at every stage of his career. He were NEVER below 0 on the +/- and he played for a team that didn't make the playoffs last year. He saw NO PP time his rookie campaign. I mean, I know TR were rated the best prior to his coming to NA and think him a grand young player but see no reason to compare him to Frolov at this point. I have seen nothing in his game yet that makes me think he will be better than Frolov and he has yet to prove he can be as good as him.

I just wonder what we are supposed to base this lofty praise on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->