GDT: Communtiy of MY EMOTIONS! New Jersey Devils at Columbus Blue Jackets. 7pm MSG+

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
So great to see a fantastic game from Cory and I love the top line... No reason to ever break up hall and the kids. Happy to see santini back in and in the right role. If we get zacha back in the mix and a healthy palmieri... Sky is the limit.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Nico is actually on pace for 61 points, while only being on pace for 15 goals.

Pretty good for not even racking up a ton of goals.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Tonight was vindication for why I wasnt worried.

I knew they had this in them. They just needed to go out there and do it.

This isn't last years team that would have folded like a cheap tent after a bad lose. Boyle had some quotes saying as much. They weren't going to sit and feel bad after Arizona.

I think with Palms back the team has the right mix of attack power and defensive responsibility to do some damage.

Just need to keep at it.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Nico is actually on pace for 61 points, while only being on pace for 15 goals.

Pretty good for not even racking up a ton of goals.
He's been our best forward the past couple of weeks. He's taking control of play when he's out on the ice which is incredible too see from an 18 year old. There will be speedbumps and I hope he can work on his scoring touch a little bit, but overall, I'm impressed and satisfied with him and really excited for his future.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Tonight was vindication for why I wasnt worried.

I knew they had this in them. They just needed to go out there and do it.

This isn't last years team that would have folded like a cheap tent after a bad lose. Boyle had some quotes saying as much. They weren't going to sit and feel bad after Arizona.

I think with Palms back the team has the right mix of attack power and defensive responsibility to do some damage.

Just need to keep at it.
It's not a fluke that they are where they are. This is a talented roster and I expect them to still be one of the better teams in the east at the end of the season. All the panic after the last game was a bit ridiculous.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Even with Bingo's tough season, I wonder who will emerge from JQ, Bastian, Speers, Gignac, etc.

If Shero can keep the cap situation nice after Hall's contract and a few of the kiddo extensions, we could be a very deep team for a long long time.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Excellent win and a good confidence booster. However, my problem is the long periods we get pinned in our zone continues to haunt this team. Is it the system or the players who can’t seem to win battles when the puck is in our zone? Also, I’m a bit greedy, let’s see the Devils get back to back wins this weekend

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Two more facts.

Devils still haven’t gone two consecutive games this season without points.

Last year’s team won 12 road games all year. This year they have 10 road wins in 15 tries.

It took us until January 21st last year to get our 10th win on the road...in our 28th road game.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Great win, but they can't continue to just show up for the second and third periods. I can't remember the last game they actively had a good first period.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Excellent win and a good confidence booster. However, my problem is the long periods we get pinned in our zone continues to haunt this team. Is it the system or the players who can’t seem to win battles when the puck is in our zone? Also, I’m a bit greedy, let’s see the Devils get back to back wins this weekend
System. We can't handle smothering teams generally (sharks, performance against the Panthers), IMO, because we can't run and gun against grinders. That lack of being able to adjust is the knock people have with hynes, though gross seems to think he adjusts well

Reactions: Brooklyndevil

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
It took us until January 21st last year to get our 10th win on the road...in our 28th road game.
the good thing for the devils is they have played 12 games at home and 15 on the road. It might help them create separation with the rangers because they have played 17 home games and only 9 on the road.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
System. We can't handle smothering teams generally (sharks, performance against the Panthers), IMO, because we can't run and gun against grinders. That lack of being able to adjust is the knock people have with hynes, though gross seems to think he adjusts well

I don't think it's fair to say that we can't. It is a match up of different styles no doubt, and you have to kind of expect a good grinding team to pin us deep at times, just have to keep them to the outside as much as we can, and lean on Cory. Then we have to capitalize on our chances when we do break out.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
He doesn’t even have his full game equipment yet. I would wait before making any analysis on his play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad