OT: Comedian/Actor Robin Williams Found Dead/Suicide

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
His stand up was one of a kind. His acting was in another world. Fantastic entertainer.

Oh Captain, My captain.

O-Captain-My-Captain.png

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
There always has to be a guy who makes an ass out of himself in these types of threads. Seriously what is the point of even typing that?

What is his "schtick" exactly? He was way more than just impressions and cheesy comedies.

I just found him annoying. Sorry. I'm sorry he died because death is tragic, but I never liked his work. Whatever.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
This is one of those reminders that people, even incredible, accomplished, wealthy people with friends and family suffer from extreme anguish.

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
I grew up loving movies like Aladdin, Hook, Jumanji, and Mrs. Doubtfire. But my full appreciation for his sense of humor didn't happen until I saw him live.

My wife's uncle worked on his crew when he did the weapons of self destruction tour. He came to town and he got us some tickets. I don't think I have ever laughed as hard as I did that night. I was shocked because I didn't know him that way. Totally opened my eyes to who he was. After the show, we got the tour and was lucky enough to meet him. He was the nicest person in the world and this was the first real celebrity that I met so I was surprised.

I looked at him differently since that day and was able to go back and see his work done for all the other generations he made laugh and it was a pleasure. I have a ton of respect for him and it is terrible he is no longer with us. Way too soon...Rest in peace, Mr. Williams.

Pnut

Buy9zNsIYAASj-e.jpg:large

He will always be Mork from the planet Ork
:(

RIP Mr. Williams.
We all miss you already.

tumblr_na86opgRVT1s5cyzso1_1280.jpg

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
His performance in One Hour Photo is unbelievable. To those who haven't seen it yet: do it. IMO easily the most underrated performance Williams ever did.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Just released.. ."Robin Williams was sober, but was struggling with depression, anxiety and the early stages of Parkinson's disease when he died"

Now it makes a little more sense.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
His publicist denies these rumors.

I don't think he killed himself because he couldn't repay a loan-shark but the well was starting to run dry. He spoke about it candidly a few times. That's why he was starting to take on less desirable roles and selling off his properties. Again, no way was he flat broke but I do think he had to adjust his lifestyle a bit. I'm sure that didn't help the depression.

scott99

May 13, 2005
His performance in One Hour Photo is unbelievable. To those who haven't seen it yet: do it. IMO easily the most underrated performance Williams ever did.

Not just underrated, but downright creepy and scary. Just shows you how good an actor he was. Also, saw him in an episode of Law & Order, and he was diabolically evil in that role. He really was a fine actor. Not many comedians can be funny, AND play a villain. I will miss him dearly, I was a big fan. Loved his interviews on talk shows, because he was all over the place. From all of the comments I've been reading, he was a genuinely nice guy who treated people right and didn't act like his **** didn't stink, he just acted like a regular guy.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Just released.. ."Robin Williams was sober, but was struggling with depression, anxiety and the early stages of Parkinson's disease when he died"

Now it makes a little more sense.

Not to start a whole discussion on this, but my dad used to suffer from clinical depression, and now is in the early stages of Parkinson's, I wonder if the 2 are linked. Don't forget, all types of mental illnesses have to do with chemical imbalances in the brain, I wonder if people with clinical depression are more susceptible to Parkinson's ?

scott99

May 13, 2005
I don't think he killed himself because he couldn't repay a loan-shark but the well was starting to run dry. He spoke about it candidly a few times. That's why he was starting to take on less desirable roles and selling off his properties. Again, no way was he flat broke but I do think he had to adjust his lifestyle a bit. I'm sure that didn't help the depression.

He had to pay alimony to 2 ex-wives, and was the breadwinner for his current wife and family, so he had to make mega money to keep his usual high priced way of living. Where he lived in California is not an inexpensive place to live. He was making 135k an episode on his TV show, and once that was cancelled, the funds weren't coming in like he was used to. He did make almost 3 million from that show, 22 episodes x 135k is 2,970,000, a really nice amount. But after taxes it was probably 1.6 mill, which I'm sure his ex-wives took a tidy sum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad