Comcast to continue free streaming in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
http://www.comcast.net/sports/nhl/hockeylive/schedule/

Comcast was vague early in October on whether or not they'd continue to stream games live in November and beyond, and even more unclear as to whether or not it would be free. Well it appears that they're not only going to continue to stream games, but continue to do it for free (to Comcast internet customers).

The quality is excellent, the feed is large, and the variety of games is excellent as well. If you are a Comcast customer and don't have CI (or you have to give up the TV to the wife), this is obviously excellent news.

Slapshot17

Aug 29, 2004
Prince George
That's too bad you have to be a comcast customer. Being that I'm currently overseas, I'd pay to watch these games if they were available to non-comcast subscribers.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Any idea what sort of bandwidth it takes up? I really want to watch (I don't get OLN here), but I'm on a tight bandwidth limit.

KM

Feb 6, 2004
The games are 691kbit/sec feeds, which is about 86kB/sec.

I noticed that the video seems to lose frames for games that are geographically far from me.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
How long is it gonna take to them to make NHL center ice available via internet stream? Europe has alot customers. Id be ready to pay big bucks to get this. I think MLB has 95% of there games already streamed over the net. Too bad as I couldnt care less about baseball.

Yus

Feb 4, 2004
As a Comcast High-Speed Internet customer, you have exclusive access to "the coolest game on Earth." Comcast.net is the only place on the Web where you can watch live NHL games throughout the season right from your desktop. See every hit, save, and score of select games FREE with your subscription.

They're streaming for the whole season, they're just announcing the schedule on a month-by-month basis.

I'm sure next season Comcast will set up a mlb.tv like pay-service so everyone can watch.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Yus said:
They're streaming for the whole season, they're just announcing the schedule on a month-by-month basis.

I'm sure next season Comcast will set up a mlb.tv like pay-service so everyone can watch.

Ok How can I subscribe comcast from europe. I dont care if I see there TV (I wont) but I want the live feed

Transported Upstater

I've been listening to streaming CHL and NHL games at an alarming rate all the way down here. Love it.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
ScottyBowman said:
I'm pretty sure Comcast doesn't have bandwidth limits.

My family subscribes to Comcast, so I have an account with them, but I'm currently at college, so I have a limit.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Nice afternoon tilt today available on Comcast interent.

The Cane vs. The Rangers.

Should be a good one.

Night game, another good one.

Flyers vs. Penguins.

heywood*

Oct 24, 2005
thanks so much for this thread- i had no idea. watched the flyers game last nite and was stunned by the PQ and SQ.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Any Comcast subscribers having a hard time accessing the game this afternoon?

The webcast is not coming up on my pc. I am not in the blackout area. Unless they consider Pittsburgh to close to Philly.

KM

Feb 6, 2004
PhoPhan said:
Does anybody know how much bandwidth this uses?

KM said:
The games are 691kbit/sec feeds, which is about 86kB/sec.

I noticed that the video seems to lose frames for games that are geographically far from me.

^

KM

Feb 6, 2004
I might be wrong but I don't think you'll be able to access the content without being on a comcast IP.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
How much do you have to pay to be a customer? And, besides a computer that works, what else would you need?

And would there not be somekind of restriction as to locale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->