Comcast, OLN are streaming games on the internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051004/phtu029.html?.v=24

PHILADELPHIA, Oct. 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA - News, CMCSK - News), the nation's leading provider of cable, entertainment and communications products and services, joins the NHL and OLN to make hockey history as the first Internet provider to stream live NHL games over the Internet. Comcast's more than 7.7 million High-Speed Internet customers will be the first and only broadband users to experience hockey action live on their PCs, during the 2005-2006 season.

This exclusive agreement gives Comcast High-Speed Internet customers access to up to two live games daily, for a total of up to 300 throughout the season, up through the Stanley Cup playoffs. Beginning October 5, users can view the live NHL games in the Sports channel on Comcast.net.

Sweet! I have Comcast.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
would be nicer if they operated a subscription for international fans too.

StevenintheATL

Jun 12, 2004
The ATL!
the_nole said:
or other people who don't have comcast. damn you COX!

Amen to that. Comcast is my cable provider, but when I got broadband 2 and a half years ago, Comcast didn't offer their high speed service in my neighborhood. They do now, but I'm happy with my ISP (If Comcast's internet service is anything like their cable service is around here, I'm better off where I'm at now.), and since I am already a Comcast cable subscriber, I can't get any of the special deals they offer. I guess if I want to catch other NHL games I'll have to use my Sirius receiver.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
Comcast and their "exclusive" ********. It was not a fan-friendly move when they let Comcast buy this "exclusive" stuff. It was all about the money. Things like this are going to hurt the NHL more in the long run than these dollars will help.

Yus

Feb 4, 2004
The Comcast.net sports page says it's for a limited time. Hard to say if it's FREE for a limited time, or if it's exlucisve to Comcast customers for a limited time.

You guys didn't seriously think Comcast would give away the games for free to everyone, did you? They're really big on adding value-added content for their HSI customers, so this makes sense.

It'd be nice if they offered the games to other people for a fee, but I don't have to worry about that for now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->