GDT: Columbus vs. Minnesota | 9/23 7PM EDT | Preseason Game #6

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Just got back from the game. The defense looked great, this should be our lineup for opening night, although Nikitin will probably squeeze someone out. Thought Erixon stood out, as did Murray. Both made simple, smart plays that are crucial for the transition game. Boone was easily our best forward – played very well off the puck and when he had it, he was bound to do something with it. There's absolutely no way he isn't in the lineup against Calgary. My only concern was our ability to gain the zone and get shots through. Couldn't get much going offensively. Overall I was pleased, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
While not jumping ship, a performance like tonight's is reminiscent of Jackets past. Pre-season or not when you come with your top 6 available D and most of your top forwards and the Vezina winner you should be able to beat a bunch of Ahlers. Or at least out shoot them. P**s poor performance.

Pretty much. First period was the worst period I've seen in quite some time. Jenner and Calvert looked ready and played hard, the majority of the rest of the guys not so much. I think Erixon will be the odd man out on D come next Friday night from where we stand now.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Back from the game. Thought Prout looked really rusty, Comeau did not play very well. Chaput looked like he was in way over his head. I think the high stick on Tyutin knocked some sense out of him, he made a few really bad plays.

On the positive side, Boone looked good. Atkinson was flying around. Great shot by Wiz. Bobrovsky played well despite a lackluster defensive effort in front of him.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I was there and I'd have to say Erixon is likely the odd man out on D. Murray was better than both Prout and Timmy. Offense just needs to be generated. Boone is the man though.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Calvert and Prout both looked rusty, but they didn't play badly. Seemed like we had a guy on each line that killed any offense: Craig, Bass and Chaput. But to be totally candid, it's like they came out, saw the empty seats and lost all intensity. Either that or they just took their opponent too lightly. Complete opposite of Saturday's game in Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
The Wild are bringing a lineup that would struggle to compete in the AHL

Oh yeah :naughty:? That's what Winnipeg said on Thursday! But yeah, you actually weren't that wrong, no Coyle or Granlund, but a few of those guys will be proper NHLers someday (Dumba, Nino, Zucker, possibly Haula, Graovac)

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Pretty much. First period was the worst period I've seen in quite some time. Jenner and Calvert looked ready and played hard, the majority of the rest of the guys not so much. I think Erixon will be the odd man out on D come next Friday night from where we stand now.

Back from the game. Agree with all of this.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
Looking at NHL.com box-score it says Murray only had 15 mins, any reason? I thought he would be one of your top 4.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Anyone else get interviewed at the game last night? The team is producing a video to show to the players. Would be interesting to see the final video.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad