Confirmed with Link: Columbus trade Kolesar to Vegas for pick #45

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Texier is from Grenoble, a beautiful city in the Alps. He could go play in Helsinki, one of the prettiest cities in Europe.

Or, he could play in Baie-Comeau, a po-dunk town of 20,000. Hello, Helsinki.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Oh to be 17 again...well, maybe not...

The photos of Texeir made me laugh, just incredible how young these kids are, and yet how much expectation we put on them. That's not aimed at anybody - our group includes retired professionals to professional students. As a group we are passionate about our hockey club - and on here it sometimes reads like our players are expected to be plug-n-play, be ultra-talented, think like grizzled vets, always giving 100% effort, without making any major mistakes, etc...

Those 2 photos reminded me how that very much is not the case. Our group, collectively, takes HOURS upon hours to discuss whether a 17 yr old draftee was worth a trade of another, albeit somewhat older "kid." Not bashing any of us for doing it, just finding some perspective here. 'cause that's what these Boards are for.

There are definitely age and experience related issues with kids this young. Most of the players drafted, there are no expectations to the level you described. Even with the most elite of the drafted players that are no expectations of them not making major mistakes, as you indicated.

There are players that are expected to make immediate impacts, which can be unfair.

Having said that I was offering consulting services to Presidents, CIO's and CEO's at age 19, so age isn't always a detriment. We've seen examples of kids around his age starting their own companies and the such. There have been teenagers make an impact in Crossfit, which feeds into the athletic part of this.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Texier is from Grenoble, a beautiful city in the Alps. He could go play in Helsinki, one of the prettiest cities in Europe.

Or, he could play in Baie-Comeau, a po-dunk town of 20,000. Hello, Helsinki.

There's some great towns in the QMJHL. Halifax is my favorite city in the world and generally speaking the province of Quebec is a great place to live, especially for a native French speaker. If he'd been drafted to Quebec or Gatineau or Blainville-Boisbriand, it might have been a tough choice, especially considering the presence of Abramov and possibly Dubois at the latter two. But Baie-Comeau... well, enjoy Scandinavia, Tex.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I reallllllly don’t think Kolesar is an ECHL guy. This might just be a confidence move by LV. After all, he was among the final 3 to be cut.

and chicago got lots of ahl contract and stlous guys so they might think its better than playing 4th line/bench

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I reallllllly don’t think Kolesar is an ECHL guy. This might just be a confidence move by LV. After all, he was among the final 3 to be cut.

Las Vegas is sharing their AHL affiliate with St. Louis. Therefore, there's less AHL roster spots to go around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->