Confirmed with Link: Columbus trade Kolesar to Vegas for pick #45

spintheblackcircle

Incoming!
Mar 1, 2002
http://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2017-nhl-draft/10-draft-prospects-you-should-know-about-for-2017/

: A lightning quick French teen who plays significant minutes in the French senior league, Texier is a dynamic offensive talent who is mature and can handle playing against older competition. You have to go back to the late 1980’s and former St. Louis Blues prospect Philippe Bozon to find a teenager from the French league with this kind of NHL potential. Texier is an excellent skater who can handle the puck and make plays off the rush. Rarely does he look overmatched despite being the youngest player in the circuit, and he recently finished as one of the top scorers (1g, 7a) at the recent Division IA under-20 WJC.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Think Jarmo is going overboard feeling the need to add speed. Could have been damn near any other prospect and I wouldnt mind or be meh but I think he screwed up massively moving Kolesar

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
:(. Kolesar was expendable imo due to having Anderson, but not like this.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not on this board. :)
But I was really active on the Pens board 10 years ago or so. Was moderator there for years.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Strong two-way/all-around/balanced player for guy with a higher skill-speed ceiling. Where have I seen that before?

I share the infatuation with Kolesar that many others here do, and it's a bummer to see him go.

Last edited:

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
CBJ have gritty two way wingers coming out of their ears. Plus they are a dime a dozen around the league. Nothing wrong with stocking the prospect pool with skilled centers. I like it.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
:(. Kolesar was expendable imo due to having Anderson, but not like this.

I dont know if that true though. They are both big and strong and Anderson is a better skater and has that slapper but Kolesar is such a good playmaker, better puck skills and and puck control... Having a hard time with this one as I see Kolesar as a Hartnell typer where he compliments top 6 lines vs being a bottom 6 guy

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Man crush on Kolesar broken. This will take some time.

In Jarmo I trust.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Could this be "the rest" of the ED trade? There was a prospect rumored to have been part of that deal originally. Could be at most a prior agreemen on Kolesar or at least a recognition by Jarmo that McPhgee had expressed an interest and when a guy was still on the board that his scouts liked (I'm presuming this about Texier), he made the call?

spintheblackcircle

Incoming!
Mar 1, 2002
I have to admit, I liked Kolesar's dirty streak. And I am sure he will be in the NHL first, but that second goal on the highlight clip was a REALLY skilled goal. The little shoulder dip as he crossed the slot was nasty. And I like his goal celebration. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->